Advice on Rubicon Locker Wiring Harness

taylormade73

Wob Free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I have removed my rear rubi 44 and put in an RJ60 with an Elocker. Will be doing similar for front. For those of you that have transitioned from factory rubi locker to ARB or Eaton elocker, what did you do with the existing rubi locker wiring harness and vacuum lines?

At this point, I have removed the entire front and rear harness and lines between axles and pumps, but I still have the connectors where the wiring spliced into a larger bundle by the transfer case. What should i do from here?

20200408_195608_HDR.jpg

20200408_195621_HDR.jpg

If it was me I would simply tape them up to seal them then ziptie them out of the way, and remove the air lines and sell them with your compressors. Chances are the next person who gets your 44 will not have a rubicon, so those bits you have left on your jeep will not be needed. They will just have to hardwire the compressors (only a couple wires for them).

If it was me I would simply tape them up to seal them then ziptie them out of the way, and remove the air lines and sell them with your compressors. Chances are the next person who gets your 44 will not have a rubicon, so those bits you have left on your jeep will not be needed. They will just have to hardwire the compressors (only a couple wires for them).
Makes sense. Simple enough. I have already put the pumps, hoses, and harness with the rear axle. Thank you.

I just did this last weekend. I wound up cutting the harness near the top of the t-case. I wasn't motivated to follow the ~4-5 wires back to the switch. The cut wires that remained behind I shrink wrapped each wire individually, shrink wrapped them together, and tied 'em off with the speed sensor harness.

Reactions: taylormade73