AEV 112 the original LJ?

minimull

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Can anyone run down the differences between the 2000+ AEV 112s and the Jeep 2004-2006 LJs? I found a thread where they were mentioned, but not a ton of details, so forgive me if I missed something.

They look much more like a TJ-6 than the TJ Unlimited. Is 112 the wheelbase? If so, then that is 9" longer than the Unlimited, but without the big overhang.
Screenshot_20220916_161931.jpg

Can anyone run down the differences between the 2000+ AEV 112s and the Jeep 2004-2006 LJs? I found a thread where they were mentioned, but not a ton of details, so forgive me if I missed something.

The rear overhang is different.

The AEV 11s also mostly had the highline, I think. Might want to check that, not 100% sure.

1663366892794.png

Reactions: minimull and jjvw
The rear is not much different than the standard TJ. The factory gas tank is very likely where it normally is.

Ok thanks ! , To me it looked like the rear axle is mounted 3-4 " back from the standard TJ mounting , with the AEV 112 mounted even closer to the rear end of the frame.

The other notable differences are that AEV put two regular seats in the back and the roll cage was done differently.

1663369256593.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I would love to see a photo taken from the bottom showing the tank and rear end ! Thanks for this photo though !

The gas tank skid is almost certainly from Savvy. If so, the rear frame from the upper shock mounts to the bumper should look about like the rest of ours do.

Reactions: psrivats
The gas tank skid is almost certainly from Savvy. If so, the rear frame from the upper shock mounts to the bumper should look about like the rest of ours do.

The OP in that post says Genright skid (see the text in the photo) but is very likely wrong. It is a Savvy skid.

Reactions: jjvw