After the first upgrades, what's next?

Don Bulee

TJ Enthusiast
Hello, I would like to know in your opinion what would be the not-so-newbie upgrades you consider for the TJ's? in my consideration the first upgrades to be performed are:
- Lift (your choice)
- Tires
- Winch and recovery gear
- SYE and CV driveshaft
- Quick Sway Bar disconnects
- Tummy tuck (including MML, BL and Rear CA's)
- Leds headlights
- Beef the tie rod for a ZJ one
- lockers and Regear

but then... what do you guys thing are the next upgrades to be performed to a TJ? I mean I know that chromoly axles and all that stuff the same jeep will tell you when to upgrade (if you broke it, you should problably upgrade it haha) but just by thinking how to spend a lot of dollars, (nahh just kidding) what would be your opinion on which would be the next upgrades to be performed? coilovers? new axles? one ton axles/steering? more lift? long arms? not wanting to spend a lot of money, my rig is currently satisfying my wheeling skills but maybe this information could help other guys into what to upgrade, thanks!

20220901_140757.jpg

20220901_155836.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you at in Mexico ? I just got back, saw alot of tj 's ,none like yours!
Why don't you wash that thing, and ditch that top and those doors.

Reactions: Don Bulee
Hello, I would like to know in your opinion what would be the not-so-newbie upgrades you consider for the TJ's? in my consideration the first upgrades to be performed are:
- Lift (your choice)
- Tires
- Winch and recovery gear
- SYE and CV driveshaft
- Quick Sway Bar disconnects
- Tummy tuck (including MML, BL and Rear CA's)
- Leds headlights
- Beef the tie rod for a ZJ one
- lockers and Regear

but then... what do you guys thing are the next upgrades to be performed to a TJ? I mean I know that chromoly axles and all that stuff the same jeep will tell you when to upgrade (if you broke it, you should problably upgrade it haha) but just by thinking how to spend a lot of dollars, (nahh just kidding) what would be your opinion on which would be the next upgrades to be performed? coilovers? new axles? one ton axles/steering? more lift? long arms? not wanting to spend a lot of money, my rig is currently satisfying my wheeling skills but maybe this information could help other guys into what to upgrade, thanks!

View attachment 385923

View attachment 385924

A trip to the carwash. :unsure:

Where are you at in Mexico ? I just got back, saw alot of tj 's ,none like yours!
Why don't you wash that thing, and ditch that top and those doors.

I'm in Sonora, like one hour from Nogalez Arizona and I was in the middle of a 5 days trail crossing the Sierra Madre Occidental into the Copper Canyon (kind of the Mexican Grand Canyon) that's why my rig was all muddy, here is a pic without top and doors, and yes... you can find a lot of TJ's here in Mexico and the rust wont be an issue haha..

20220401_125707 new.jpg

Soo ... you do or do not have those mods already?

Oh I do, it was more for.... considering what would be next? not only for me, but for a lot of TJ's entusiasts that may wonder what to get now...

Reactions: L J
A trip to the carwash. :unsure:

I was in the middle of a 5 days trail crossing the Sierra Madre Occidental into the Copper Canyon (kind of the Mexican Grand Canyon) that's why my rig was all muddy.. once I got back, I got it into the carwash (the guys overthere were not happy about it hahah)