Aftermarket air compressor not working

Eberdt123

So I have an air pump for on the go tire fill up situations, but sadly the pressure in the tank does not seem to fill up. I have a bad AC compressor as well with it being seized and no belt attached. I have the replacement AC compressor, vacuum, and belt but I still think that this air compressor for the tires could come in handy in a dire situation. Where should I start checking?

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

If there's no freon in it its pressure switch is preventing power from reaching the electric clutch. You'll need to bypass the pressure switch and add a switched source of power so it will only compress went you need it.

By the way I STRONGLY recommend you replace that K&N air filter with something else or at least put a couple pre-filters over top of it. K&N air filters are well known (confirmed by ISO lab tests) to pass dirt, fine dust, and silica particulates like there's no tomorrow. The only reason I even continued to run the K&N was because I had a York air compressor in the way of the factory air intake system.

K&N.jpg
K&N1.JPG
K&N2.JPG

Reactions: Zorba
Lose the tank, lose the ac, and use the new ac compressor for on board air! Belt driven can be an endless supply of air

20191104_170437.jpg