Aftermarket wheels are really loud

Noise is caused by the tire tread conforming to the road, and none of it should be caused by the wheel itself. This then makes it rather odd that changing wheels would impact the noise. The only thing I can think of is that they didn’t seat the tire properly, or the wheel is transferring more vibrations to the suspension which is making more noise.

I think most tire stores use a high speed balance, ask them if they can put one wheel back on the machine and check for the noise. If the sound is still three you may want to ask them to dismount one tire and have them run just the wheel on the machine, this may tell you if is the wheel. Did you buy the wheels from them ? if so you may want to ak for a refund. Just my 2 cents

Noise is caused by the tire tread conforming to the road, and none of it should be caused by the wheel itself. This then makes it rather odd that changing wheels would impact the noise. The only thing I can think of is that they didn’t seat the tire properly, or the wheel is transferring more vibrations to the suspension which is making more noise.
The wheels are not causing the noise they are amplifying it. It's like the different sound you get from different tuning forks or different sized or shaped drums. It's not necessarily more noise, it's the same noise only louder.

It could be the differential , which would be pure coincidence , or those new wheels aren’t seating right on the hubs in some odd way .