Air conditioning now working?

Mrbibby

I know this sort of thing has been covered heaps! But my blower motor isn’t even spinning, I have replaced the resistor, the plug to the resistor, the blower motor and now the hvac controls and still nothing! The fuses also are fine. It’s driving me insane, and where I live in Australia isn’t exactly cold haha

The a/c pump will run unless the HVAC controls are turned to only a few settings. It is common (around my area) to splice in a switch to disconnect the pump whenever you want so it isn't constantly running for defrost, or most other heater settings. And just turn it on when you want a/c or to de-fog the windshield.

I think @Goatman is a little off about what's going on here. But similar to what he said, adding a switch and running a wire to your blower motor could at least get you some fan action without waiting until you find the actual problem which I bet is somewhere in the wiring harness since so much has been replaced and the fuse is fine.

Reactions: Mrbibby
Just for grins, have you pulled the motor and hooked it up directly to a battery?
Also, there is a relay that might need to be checked out.

Reactions: Mrbibby
The motor is brand new so I haven’t but I’ll give it a shot just to make sure! And the relay I tried a new one of those last night too and still nothing at all.
The previous owner had done some dodgy fix when the plug burnt out, perhaps when I put the resistor plug on I’ve got something wrong

So I’ve got a ‘99 and my cold air only comes out when I’m going down the road. My heat doesn’t work at all. I’ve replaced the blower motor but it’s not spinning. If it is I can my hear it. Any suggestions?