Air locker fitting wont work

N_CARRERA_

TJ Enthusiast
I was changing the fluid in my rear axle and noticed that my rear locker leaked air i look at the fittings and on the inside of the diff theres a small brass fitting thats supposed to screw in from the inside on the copper line into the fitting in the pumpkin but it wont go in does anybody have any experience with this ?

I bought the axle and swapped it in and the locker was already in so im not 100 percent sure but the guy I bought the axle from said arb

Okay can you post up a picture or two to try and help people identify what you have?

Yeah sorry about that ill take some pictures I just had to seal it up to take the car to school I should be able to get some tomorrow

Even some from the outside should help. ARB has changed their fitting designs and copper lines a few times.

sorry for the lag but this is it the copper line on the inside of the diff has this fitting and it just will not screw into the one thats on the pumpkin

IMG_0056.PNG

sorry for the lag but this is it the copper line on the inside of the diff has this fitting and it just will not screw into the one thats on the pumpkin

View attachment 254810

If you could post pictures of the fitting on the diff it might help.
Have you read the install instructions and made sure it's installed properly?

this it what came on the axle and this is the kit I bought I got the axle used with the locker so I just picked up the fitting kit that amazon had

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

OK part of the issue is that ARB changed these fittings a few times over the years. I'll try to get a picture today of how mine is setup and post it up. The line inside should be poking up from what I remember but it's been a few years since I've installed one.

There are a few others here who do this more often and might be able to help. Hopefully they'll pop in and comment.

I'm going to say to say scrap the old fittings. The new design is better.

I set the video here to start at that point of installing it.

I'm going to say to say scrap the old fittings. The new design is better.

I set the video here to start at that point of installing it.

X2. If the hole in the diff housing is 1/4" NPT, then the new ARB banjo fitting will fit. The copper line doesn't care.