All in the name of science

What don't you like about what you see in these videos?
I've been here long enough to observe and read many posts. You are THE defacto mid-arm evangelist! Not that there's a damn thing wrong with a mid arm, but the video (and my experience wheeling with others) show that choosing good lines and driver skill / experience play a more important role.

I've been here long enough to observe and read many posts. You are THE defacto mid-arm evangelist! Not that there's a damn thing wrong with a mid arm, but the video (and my experience wheeling with others) show that choosing good lines and driver skill / experience play a more important role.
Try again. I explain how and why it does what it does. Then I tell people they don't need it unless they are solving the problems it solves.

Do you use your Jeep in a place and in a manner where you need to solve the problems it solves?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob
tenor.gif

Try again. I explain how and why it does what it does. Then I tell people they don't need it unless they are solving the problems it solves.

Do you use your Jeep in a place and in a manner where you need to solve the problems it solves?
I think that all of this has been covered. (ad nauseam) When a direct question is posed by you and answered, your response is always going to be formed as a question. Rinse, repeat.

I think that all of this has been covered. (ad nauseam) When a direct question is posed by you and answered, your response is always going to be formed as a question. Rinse, repeat.
You don't need to be involved in this thread. Go away.

Thanks for sharing your data, Doctor ;)

After some rigorous peer-review, I'd say that driver skill (specifically maintaining appropriate momentum and timely power modulation) was the main key to 'success'.

Next time, you could switch up drivers on the same rig/obstacle, but there is also something to be said about being very familiar with a particular setup.

I learned this long ago on dirt bikes and carried it over to my Jeep. You can not close the throttle when climbing a difficult hill or you will have to try again.

I'll bite, because I am interested in the answer (even though I know you might respond with another question :unsure:).

It seems like the design of anything other than a trailer queen boils down to balancing road vs. trail design and weighing compromises of each.

I like the simplicity (and less cost) of being able to drive to where I like to wheel. I enjoy mild to moderate (maybe 6-7 max for short portions of the trail?) dry (rock & shallow sand/dirt) trails. With my stock arms I've never felt like I couldn't navigate those trails.

If I was into larger rocks and needed more articulation, would the longer arms provide me with additional ROM without sacrificing too much in terms of road manners and BOA?

• Haha
Reactions: D M and Tob