Almost had to sell the LJ today

I've got at least 2 or 3 ot the screws that go into the top of the radio bezel in the defroster duct. I bought a bag of those screws for just that reason. They used the same screw for everything on it, so...

My fear of that is bad enough that I work with the caution of a brain surgeon when I'm messing with those screws.

So do I, unfortunately I have the hands of a Marine Infantryman.

This thread makes me think of waiting (more times than I can count) for that final "metal-on-concrete" clink after the screw, nut, bolt, socket, or other dropped small object pinballs its way down through the engine bay. That final clink is music to my ears. If it never comes, my stress level skyrockets and I know I won't sleep well that night unless the offending object is found and removed. Unfortunately I think I have sold a vehicle or two over the years with the missing object still in the engine bay somewhere.

This thread makes me think of waiting (more times than I can count) for that final "metal-on-concrete" clink after the screw, nut, bolt, socket, or other dropped small object pinballs its way down through the engine bay. That final clink is music to my ears. If it never comes, my stress level skyrockets and I know I won't sleep well that night unless the offending object is found and removed. Unfortunately I think I have sold a vehicle or two over the years with the missing object still in the engine bay somewhere.

I often work with soldering irons for hobbies and day jobs. You learn very quickly not to catch falling objects that could be as hot as 350+F.

Helped me a few times I've had to heat a bolt to get it out.

Two things I have learned when working on a vehicle. Gravity does not affect the direction dirt, screws, bolts, or nuts fall. Dirt goes straight for your eyes, the others to the smallest, inaccessible openings.

And when nuts and bolts hit the ground, they’re always 20 feet from the area of impact!

I once tore the intake off of a SBC because I dropped a carb nut that I couldn’t find. It was on my boat and I dug around in the bilge for hours looking for it. I convinced myself it was in the engine so off came the intake.

I ended up finding that GD nut sitting on top of the depth sounder transducer. The nut was painted black, just like the transducer.