Another alignment issue

Thanks again! Keep currently on my lift for rear main seal (should be done today) so back on steering issue this week. I’m going to adjust track bar one turn and try the one upper control arm bounce and disconnect & then see how it drives.
As with any new ride, several things to work over. I’ve got a UCF skid off another Jeep and leftover MC bumpstops that work great for a body lift. This LJ has a Banks turbo on it so think I can spin a bigger tire w/out a regear.

View attachment 487093

Is it an auto or manual

Is it an auto or manual

Both auto. I’ve got a CJ5 w/304 & two flatties w/3 speeds. CJ5 has a hand throttle on gear shift: well recommended when you need a little throttle “tickle”!
I like wheeling with the auto.
1704126284267.jpeg

Both auto. I’ve got a CJ5 w/304 & two flatties w/3 speeds. CJ5 has a hand throttle on gear shift: well recommended when you need a little throttle “tickle”!
I like wheeling with the auto.
View attachment 487104

You seem like a true Jeep guy- you need to see @Hog ‘s CJ7 Golden Eagle - it is amazing.

With 4:10 and 35’s you will likely want the overdrive off mostly- there is a mod to do that in the how to section.

Honestly with the 42 tranny its always nearly short with the overdrive off and tall with it on in any scenario due to the huge gap- but can be tolerable.

I’d ultimately gear it if ya can.

Your picking nice platforms for sure.

I’m used to running w/od off, especially in Colorado high country. Drove that Red JL back to Missouri from Phoenix with no need to. Currently has 33s on it. Glad to get the Skyjacker lift off!

Reactions: AndyG
Wanted to circle back on this thread. When I installed the MC 3.5 lift, I had carefully ensured that control arms were the same length ( on opposing sides). The alignment guy had readjusted the CAs and front lower were 5/8” different in length.
Readjusted those to even and balanced front uppers as well as small centering of front axle w/track bar seems to have corrected most of steering issue. Haven’t gotten it back on rack yet due to weather & rear main seal but thanks to all who posted! Learned a lot!!

Readjusted those to even and balanced front uppers as well as small centering of front axle w/track bar seems to have corrected most of steering issue.

Making the axle straight is the priority.
The control arms won't necessarily be the exact same length.
The alignment guy may have put them that way for a reason.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Making the axle straight is the priority.
The control arms won't necessarily be the exact same length.
The alignment guy may have put them that way for a reason.

Understand your point but drove better when I readjusted them to even. Keep in mind, OEM were Nonadjustable. Additionally., Jeep drove well after initial MC install (DIY) but only took it for alignment after Currectlink add.

Wanted to circle back on this thread. When I installed the MC 3.5 lift, I had carefully ensured that control arms were the same length ( on opposing sides). The alignment guy had readjusted the CAs and front lower were 5/8” different in length.
Readjusted those to even and balanced front uppers as well as small centering of front axle w/track bar seems to have corrected most of steering issue. Haven’t gotten it back on rack yet due to weather & rear main seal but thanks to all who posted! Learned a lot!!

So I would have some serious questions for you alignment guy. If anything is 5/8 out on a TJ there is potential for something seriously wrong and you should have been notified.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford