Another AndyG Business Adventure

could be wrong, but the impression I get is that the no-talent bottom of the barrel workers end up in new construction where it's easier to get away with being incompetent, if not outright crooked.

There are several things going on-

A lot of guys end up there by default. And that is not a path to excellence most of the time.

There is no formal training and there is such a need for labor all that somebody has to do is show up and most of the time we are pretty happy- A good example is the older you get the more you know at the same time the less energy and stamina you have so you are willing to let anybody do the heavy lifting while you try to steer the ship.

Also a lot of people like construction for the freedom and the simple fact that you don’t have to take a drug test- Or the fact that you can actually do drugs and work.

We have the guy from Montana and he said on his crew he had a drug dealer and an alcoholic and someone that did meth- I pointed to one of our workers and I said man we’ve got that all in one guy!

It is an amazing industry and far from perfect- At the same time people need help with their homes- you show me anything that is in the shape the construction industry is in and I’ll show you a place that there is a lot of opportunity.

Maybe sometime I will start a thread of stories- Everything from having the roof taken off the wrong house to walking in a lady with her shirt off. We both screamed like women.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low