Another rear wiper issue

mrfourpointo

TJ Enthusiast
My rear wiper is not working. 2004 with stock hardtop and all wiring. I have 12 volts always on one leg. I have 12 volts on both legs when the switch is on. No wiper action. I bought a brand new motor assembly. Still no wiper action.

Fluid sprayer works. Defrost works. Any suggestions?

My rear wiper is not working. 2004 with stock hardtop and all wiring. I have 12 volts always on one leg. I have 12 volts on both legs when the switch is on. No wiper action. I bought a brand new motor assembly. Still no wiper action.

Fluid sprayer works. Defrost works. Any suggestions?
I have never used mine! Much snow and frost in Texas? :) you could try an overhead version of this, easy if you have an auto box.

Moving car wipers with strings while driving!! - YouTube

I might not understand what you are saying, but both sides of the plug shouldn’t show 12 volts to ground.
I run mine routinely just to make sure that when I finally get the back of the Jeep empty enough to see through the back window I will be able to clean the window. The washer on mine works well too! I am blessed I guess.

Well, I "fixed" it. I unplugged and replugged the connector between the tub and the hardtop. Motor immediately started working. I guess it was just slightly disconnected. At least I have a backup wiper motor now.