Another What Tire do You Prefer Tire Thread for 33 MT's

Breto31

TJ Enthusiast
I’ve tried reading through all of the opinions on here, but really can’t find what I’m looking for. There’s so many options that I don’t want to make a bad decision when spending $1000-$1300.

I currently have 33x10.50x15 BFG KO2. They’re perfectly fine, but I want to upgrade to MT’s and I don’t know what to get. It looks like I’ll have to go up to 12.50’s when moving to a MT, which is fine. The 15” rims definitely make things a little harder to find in stock.

I’ve been reading reviews and it seems like the Dick Cepek Extreme Terrain has good reviews. The Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 have decent reviews on Discount Tire’s site. I’ve seen mixed reviews about the BFG MT KM3 - even BFG’s website only has them rated 3.5/5 stars.

Last edited:
33" Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 here. normally can find them on sale. I will replace them with the same unless a holy shit sale comes around on another decent brand.

I’ve tried reading through all of the opinions on here, but really can’t find what I’m looking for. There’s so many options that I don’t want to make a bad decision when spending $1000-$1300.

I currently have 33x10.50x15 BFG KO2. They’re perfectly fine, but I want to upgrade to MT’s and I don’t know what to get. It looks like I’ll have to go up to 12.50’s when moving to a MT, which is fine. The 15” rims definitely make things a little harder to find in stock.

I’ve been reading reviews and it seems like the Dick Cepek Extreme Terrain has good reviews. The Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 have decent reviews on Discount Tire’s site. I’ve seen mixed reviews about the BFG MT KM3 - even BFG’s website only has them rated 3.5/5 stars.

There are several brands that offer 33/10.5/15 MT tires. Why do you have to move to a 12.5?

Reactions: Breto31
There are several brands that offer 33/10.5/15 MT tires. Why do you have to move to a 12.5?

I don’t HAVE to, per se, but it’s just easier to find the 12.50 available/in stock. When I was checking on the various retail sites, most would make me select 12.50 after picking 33’s.

Gotcha, I was wondering if that was why cause I was thinking about moving to the 33/10.5 from my 32/11.5

Gotcha, I was wondering if that was why cause I was thinking about moving to the 33/10.5 from my 32/11.5

I like the 10.50 better, personally, but if I have to get 12.50 it’s not a big deal.

Side note - what part of KY are you in? I’m in Owensboro.

Haven't had any issues with KM2s and they've been through some roughin.

20220226_194145.jpg

Here's my 2 cents.

Find what best suits your specific use. If I had it my way I'd run a bias-ply super-swamper IROK but that just isn't practical for type of use my jeep sees:LOL:

I primarily use my jeep for wheeling but it still sees a decent amount of on-road use. Plus in my case I have found that my KO2(33/12.5/r15) outshines a mud terrain tire in the snow and that was one of my main reasons for choosing that brand. Our trails our here are mostly dirt, roots, and hardly any mud. Also went with the 12.50 to get a bit more flotation for winter wheeling :)

Reactions: Breto31 and JMT
1) Cooper STT PRO
2) BFG KM3
3) Maxxis Razr

I’d like to try the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss.

i have the pro comp extreme m/t in a 33 X 12.5 15 and really like them but, they are noisy on the road. if that bothers you.

Ended up reading a lot of reviews on the BFG KM3, and found a decent deal on some 33x12.5x15 from my local dealer. They’ll be here Tuesday/Wednesday. They were the same price as the Cooper SST, and only about $150 more than the Goodyear Duratrac (after rebates).

Thanks for all of the input.

Last edited: