Antirock installation questions

MrTeak

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This weekend I will be installing a OME 2.5in springs with Rancho 5000 shocks and jks adjustable front trackbar, I have already installed a 1.25 Savvy body lift and MORE 1in motor mounts. I will also be installing an antirock sway bar. I've watch the install on the antirock and looks pretty simple but will the swaybar link rods work out of the box or do I have to cut them down because of the lift size?

With that little amount of lift you will likely need to cut them down. I'm at 4" spring + 1" body and they are just the right length that in the middle hole the arms barely make contact with the grille at full stuff

EDIT: I have the old style arms with 5 holes.

Maybe. Maybe even probably.

The links are sized for a 4" suspension and the instructions reference cutting them down for shorter lifts. Whether or not you need to cut the links will be readily apparent, as will be the amount. Do it last, after your new lift has been given an opportunity to settle.

X2 to what @jesseshoots said. I have a similar lift, and did have to cut them down. If you read the instructions, it will tell you what angle you should have at rest. I can't remember, but it's a fairly small angle (~10-15?).

Thanks for the responses, when cutting do they have to be cut on both sides of the rod meaning top and bottom so the threads are even on both sides?

I just did this install with a 2.5 inch lift and ordered the shorter 6.5 inch threaded rods and they were perfect. The stock 8.5 inch rods were about 1.5 inches too long. I could have cut them down but the new rods were $10 each and I might need to go longer at some point so figured why not. Also much less headache to deal with.

Reactions: Plumber1
Installed the suspension and antirock. Does the angle on this look right? I did not cut the links yet and wanted to get some input before I did.

20210605_164752.jpg

20210605_164756.jpg

It might be a bit high compared to other installations on other jeeps, but what matters is whether or not the arm contacts anything at full stuff more than whether the arm is at a particular angle.

Cycle your suspension and check to see if there is contact when stuffed. If not you are golden in that direction. Since you have a body lift my guess is that you are fine without cutting the end links.

Then check with tire drooped, if no risk of the link inverting you are golden in that direction as well.

Last edited: