Any experience / recommendations for knock off LED headlights

Truck-Lite (27270C) LED Headlights (Chinese Knockoff Version)

I can't attest to the quality or light output of these things since I have yet to see anyone running them. However, I'm certain it can't be bad, and for 1/3 of the price of Truck Lites, I guess this is a good and affordable headlight for most. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them either, since Amazon is really, really good about their return policies. Next to the Truck Lites, these would be my second choice, and I say that only because I know first hand how well the Truck Lites perform. For a good read on how these things perform, check this thread out: Replaced Headlights w/Truck-Lite Knockoffs
These look like the same ones that @tworley mentioned early in the thread. I have been running these for a couple years also and would recommend them.

Reactions: Chris
A ferrite core is a tiny round donut or cylinder shaped passive device, it's not powered.

Better to use better quality LEDs that typically aren't noisy.
yeah, I'm cheap. if I have to deal with the static I will, but it would be nice to try this. so from my understanding, it's not an electrical device, but it gets clipped "around" the wire, correct? if so do you clip it around the power for the noisy object (headlights) or the power for the radio?

Reactions: rubicube
I've been running these for about 2 years now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018JKIUF4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Knock-off Trucklite headlights.

Whatever you buy, make sure you aim them as well as can be done as most of these knock-off companies aren't DOT approved and their wash patterns are absolute shit and will blind other drivers. I see too many Jeeps around here (USMC base) with aftermarket LED headlights and the idiot kid driving them hasn't bothered to re-aim their lights after install.

• My only complaints with mine are as follows:
    • Can't aim them down far enough in the stock buckets. There's still some residual glare hitting oncoming traffic in the face.
    • The "high beam" has stopped working on the driver side in the last few months, however, as they're meant to fit Jeeps or Motorcycles (HDs IIRC) the passenger side high beam still hits hard on both sides of the road when activated.
      • I don't know if this is a me issue, as in wiring harness, or if it's an issue with the light itself as it will intermittently work.
  • The Pros:
    • Incredibly bright compared to stock lights I had in (that I had just replaced with spares a few months prior to ordering).
    • Great spread, almost 180* lighting across the road.
+1 to this. I love these LEDs, but you have to aim them wayyy down. I had to remove the buckets and install some washers on the adjustment screws to get them to aim even lower.

yeah, I'm cheap. if I have to deal with the static I will, but it would be nice to try this. so from my understanding, it's not an electrical device, but it gets clipped "around" the wire, correct? if so do you clip it around the power for the noisy object (headlights) or the power for the radio?
I would do both. But you also need to loop it through, not just a straight wire.

Thanks to everyone for their experiences. Truck lite knock offs have been ordered - fingers crossed the experience is good, and thanks for all the info related to how far down they need to be aimed. Only headlights I've ever "aimed" were the Hella Ecodes, and their cut off is so sharp it was simple.

Thanks to everyone for their experiences. Truck lite knock offs have been ordered - fingers crossed the experience is good, and thanks for all the info related to how far down they need to be aimed. Only headlights I've ever "aimed" were the Hella Ecodes, and their cut off is so sharp it was simple.
You cant go wrong. I have had these for over a year. And they are great.

I have to much else to spend money on than to drop 3 bills on lights. Just mho.

I have the trucklight knockoffs. I like the pattern/cutoff a lot better than the JW speaker knockoffs I had before. Those had some really stark and obvious boundaries around a distinctly rectangular hot spot. They lit up the road just great but I never could get to a point where I didn't notice the hotspots.

Thanks. Its a Restyling Factory HD Rock Crawler front bumper that I picked up on Amazon several months ago. I tried finding the listing so I could post a link but I guess they don't sell them anymore. They have them for the JK but not the TJ. When I got it, it showed there were only 2 left.

Its well made and solid, I recommend it if you can find one. I just picked up a rear bumper thats a similar style that matches it pretty well if youre interested. Its an Oedro rear bumper.

View attachment 197677
Love this rear bumper! does the bottom of the tire touch the bumper? I'm running the same tailgater/carrier set up... I have 35's though... Thank you in advance for the info.

Love this rear bumper! does the bottom of the tire touch the bumper? I'm running the same tailgater/carrier set up... I have 35's though... Thank you in advance for the info.
No the tire clears the bumper. These are 33"s and I measured a 1 3/8" gap between the tire and bumper.

20201022_153037.jpg

I'm also not using the extended brackets that came with the MORryde system that raised the tire carrier and pushed it away from the tailgate. So depending on your tires actual size, it may or may not fit if youre not using the brackets but if you are, it should fit no problem.

Here is a link to their website where I ordered mine.

https://www.oedro.com/oedro-rear-bu...-2x-led-lights-off-road-textured-black-bumper
They are on sale for 188.99 with free shipping if you use the code midoct10%.

I went with the Sunpie 7" + Halo. For $86 I am incredibly happy. It was only a few more dollars for the halo and I think it really modernizes the Jeep especially with the halo DRL. Bonus is the halo will blink amber as a turn signal. Much brighter than stock, plug n play, I've had no issues in 6 months. No anti-flicker was needed.
I will probably get around to painting the chrome bezel black.

Stock vs LED (lights off)
View attachment 197425

I just bought a set similar to this. I got the shipping notification and they should be here Tuesday. :D

Curious, were they pretty easy to wire? I know I will probably have to run a wire to a fuse under the dash so I can make them come on while the headlights are off, but how was it to get to the blinker wire? Any insight on what color wire I am looking for to tie into?

10 month review of Sunpie 7" with halo:

Good: Light output remains very good compared to stock, no noticeable degradation. No issues with the lens, no cracking, no condensation.
Bad: This month, the driver's side turn signal halo now only lights up 25%. The white DRL halo still lights up all the way around. There's some RF interference for radio only but I listen to Spotify on phone so that's not really an issue for me.
Better: After a few emails back and forth with Sunpie customer support, they are sending a new unit at not cost from China and should expect it in 15 days. I was not expecting that but I am pleasantly surprised.

I will update again if/when the new unit actually arrives.
headlight 25 percent.jpg

Follow up: Replacement light arrived today from Sunpie - much faster shipping than expected. Have not wired it up to see if it works yet.

There are hundreds of knockoff LED headlights out there so if anyone is trying to choose between vendors know that Sunpie has been pretty good with customer service.

Yep, that pretty much echoes everything I've heard from others about Sunpie and the generic Chinese LED headlights. They will almost surely fail on you at some point, but they'll almost always send you a replacement.

It is what it is really. Similar to how Autozone and all the other places are with their "lifetime warranty". Fortunately headlights are easy to replace.

I have a set for sale on this site. They work fine, got them for wifes JK for xmas, had them on a day and she didn't like the look. Got her the quadratec LEDs with the chrome back (looks more stock).