Any pics of a TJ with 33’s or 295’s with a 4 inch lift?

Surge TJ

I have 35x12.5r15 mud tires - 4 inch rough country lift. Ride is okay but could be better. I want to switch to 33’s or 295 tires and I like the look of 16 or 17 inch rims- but I am okay with 15’s. I have a sway side to side like it’s top heavy- if that makes sense.

I get that it’s a lower end lift. Starting SMALL TO BIG in price- where do I start - to help fix the ride - but mainly the sway? Speak in Layman terms- I’m a novice mechanic - but I do have buddies that can help do this project.
I use this in the woods - some mudding -some highway driving.

This may be a silly question but has it been aligned recently? I had a similar problem when mine was out of alignment.

Better shocks and RC 4" lifts come with a drop pitman arm. If yours is installed, remove it and go back to stock. That will cause the swaying.

Last edited:
Any pics of a TJ with 33’s with a 4 inch lift?
33s with 15" wheels top pic and 17" wheels bottom pic. Stick with the 15s.
DARK BLUE JEEP.jpg

SAHARA 03 1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Better shocks and RC 4" lifts come with a drop pitman arm. If yours is installed, remove it and go back to stock. That will cause the swaying.
The pitman will cause going up the road like a snake....not top heavy swaying sensation. If the pitman arm is there and a track bar drop bracket then don't lose the pitman.

If it's just a drop pitman only...yes ditch that.

I have 35x12.5r15 mud tires - 4 inch rough country lift. Ride is okay but could be better. I want to switch to 33’s or 295 tires and I like the look of 16 or 17 inch rims- but I am okay with 15’s. I have a sway side to side like it’s top heavy- if that makes sense.

I get that it’s a lower end lift. Starting SMALL TO BIG in price- where do I start - to help fix the ride - but mainly the sway? Speak in Layman terms- I’m a novice mechanic - but I do have buddies that can help do this project.
I use this in the woods - some mudding -some highway driving.

You need new shocks!!

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Can you list off what was included in the lift kit?

At 4"s there are a lot of stock suspension and drive line components that aren't suitable for use or would require relocation.
  1. Stock Track Bars can be reused with relocation brackets or drilling a new hole
  2. Stock upper control arms can be reused
  3. Stock lower control arms are probably too short (not sure if you can drill holes to relocate)
  4. Stock pitman arm is suitable in some situations where the track bar and the steering arm are at the same angle (or close)
  5. Stock sway bar links are probably too short
  6. Stock shocks are ok if you got extensions, but they might be worn out

Can you list off what was included in the lift kit?

At 4"s there are a lot of stock suspension and drive line components that aren't suitable for use or would require relocation.
  1. Stock Track Bars can be reused with relocation brackets or drilling a new hole
  2. Stock upper control arms can be reused
  3. Stock lower control arms are probably too short (not sure if you can drill holes to relocate)
  4. Stock pitman arm is suitable in some situations where the track bar and the steering arm are at the same angle (or close)
  5. Stock sway bar links are probably too short
  6. Stock shocks are ok if you got extensions, but they might be worn out
4" RC lift says it all, unless it's the X series. I've had and replaced them both. 🤫

• Wow
Reactions: MangoTango