Any recommendations for headlight upgrades?

Just curious why you're opposed to LED's?

I ran the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs for a long time before upgrading to LED's. They were noticeably better than the stock bulbs.

Reactions: Fixer6
For non-LED, I highly recommend the IPF H4 housings, some Hella 80/130watt H4 bulbs, and an upgraded headlight harness. Pretty much the best beam pattern and brightness you will achieve without going LED. I ran this setup in all of my XJs and it was flawless. I have the IPF housings in my TJ, but with LED bulbs. Mainly just because it was cheap and retained the factory look.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
^^ This.

Many of us are using the Hella E-Code H4 headlight conversion with K-Suspension headlight wiring harness. It is a significant improvement over the stock headlamps.

For bulbs, you may get unwanted attention from law enforcement with high powered H4 bulbs like the 80/130 watt version mentioned above because they are not street legal in most states. To avoid that, and to still get more useful light in a color range that is not too harsh for either driver or oncoming traffic (like the "blueish" LED's that many of us dislike), a good option are these, which are still 60/55w as are the standard H4 but a slightly whiter color temperature than the typical H4:

71fIHkagzML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

To aim E-Code H4 lenses, see this link:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/images/Aim.pdf

I have the e-code Hellas on both my Jeep and my car. Still running halogen on the car, but put Beamtech LEDs on the Jeep. I've never seen headlites so good. Some of the dedicated LED replacements may be better, but these are plenty good for me - and I wanted to keep my headlites made of GLASS. Otherwise, I'd have to replace them every few years here in Florida.

Reactions: Rubicon John
I installed LX-LIGHT LED's and am very happy with them so far...fantastic light output and the install was plug & play.

20201021_172113.jpg

I haven't found any that aren't fugly yet. I'm running LEDs because I love the light output, but don't like the way the look off.
I agree, that’s why I went with truck lites. I thought they were the least offensive of the LEDs at the time with their horizontal bar. When I bought them years ago it was primarily truck lite and JW speaker which are absolutely fugly. I can’t stand the stacked look JW speaker has. While they’re not, it makes them look cheap.

That's what I'm running and while the least offensive, I still don't like them. Just saying it's a reason. Whether or not It's a good reason is a matter of opinion. I know my opinion though.

E-code Hellas look like normal headlites - its up to you to run LED or Halogen, your choice!

Last edited:
Hella E codes with a harness and 65/100 bulbs would be what I'd run if I was not running Trucklite LED.

I removed E-codes with LED bulbs to install the Truck Lites. I was worried about blinding people by all the horrible stories people tell on here. The cutoff is definitely more defined with the Truck Lites. They might light the road a little bit better too. I'm still flip flopping on going back. They just look ricer to me.

I know this isn’t what the op asked but seems to be where this thread is heading, I’m running the KC Gravity LED headlights. The color has a crispness to it. Not blue-ish at all. Nice cutoff for other drivers, and super bright compared to halogen.
7CA71E3E-468B-4BC0-8743-51D78CF5B590.jpeg
96D60173-0FF8-4BD4-9A7B-E6977FECDA77.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tob