Any recommendations for longer front brake lines?

I put on YJ lines. Raybestos BH38861 and BH38862. Mine came with new copper washers.

View attachment 136923

I'm new at this TJ thing. How did these lines work out for you? Are they ok at full droop/flex even with a wheel turned to full lock? (Yes, I know that's a bad situation. Lol). I have about 4 inches of front lift and will be setting the down travel to around 4.5-5 inches. I'm seeing others are using the Dorman brand for YJ front and rear center lines. I think maybe these Raybestos will keep themselves out of the way better with their hardline portion. They are also cheaper. Thoughts?

I'm new at this TJ thing. How did these lines work out for you? Are they ok at full droop/flex even with a wheel turned to full lock? (Yes, I know that's a bad situation. Lol). I have about 4 inches of front lift and will be setting the down travel to around 4.5-5 inches. I'm seeing others are using the Dorman brand for YJ front and rear center lines. I think maybe these Raybestos will keep themselves out of the way better with their hardline portion. They are also cheaper. Thoughts?
Still using them with no issues. I'm at 5.25" uptravel and same down. If they interfere anywhere you can carefully bend the line.

Reactions: Tim_with_the_tj
Can you show me your source/proof for this statement. Just trying to learn and be more informed on the subject. Everything I've seen disagrees with you.
The proof is basic hydraulic hose construction designed to withstand brake system and steering system pressures. Go look at your pressure line on your steering pump, looks as much like a rubber hose as a brake flex hose does yet like a brake hose, it will handle 3000 psi. Everything you see that disagrees with that is put forth by someone selling something, generally stainless steel braided brake hoses. One guy makes up a good bullshit story, everyone repeats it until it gets accepted as fact. Accepted as fact is not the same as factual. If you really want to see some bullshit, go look up rear drum brake residual pressure valves and read how they work to reduce pedal travel by keeping the shoes in close contact to the inside of the drum.

The only problem with that horseshit is they are 10-15 psi. That small amount of pressure into the 1" wheel cylinder can't exert enough force to move the shoes off the anchor pin since the return spring is about 100 lbs. of force.

The area of a 1" circle is .8 square inches. .8 x 10 psi is 8 lbs of force trying to move that 100 lb return spring. It would take a 125 pounds of input pressure to move the shoes off the anchor pin. Even more if you wanted to move them out to the drum.