Anybody deal with Rokmen?

I got the PSC bumper put on the LJ last night, going to give a smitty 9.5 with synthetic rope a whirl and see how it does for me. I couldn’t pass up the price at $350 shipped. Pretty impressed with the quality for the price.

Congrats!! looks great! Thanks for the update!....And the pics. Not it is time to get it dirty!

Here’s a couple outside pics from today.
859B5620-CA3B-407C-BE79-25BFAC76F509.jpeg
D5E794E7-6207-46DC-96D0-8913ECEA6D42.jpeg
524B7AFC-9559-4BF3-891A-CB04CFF5382D.jpeg
1E260E30-7DD4-43D7-8454-2C1454C8A404.jpeg

Reactions: ac_ and Squatch
I've ordered my JKS discos from Rokmen recently. Everything has been processed. My credit card has been billed. I received an e-mail saying I will receive another e-mail once my order has been shipped. This was on the morning of 2/20, and I've yet to hear anything. While this is not quite outlandishly slow service, it definitely isn't rating in the "Top 5", either. Glad I'm on a pretty open schedule. It does make me wonder if I'd feel good about ordering something else from them in the future...

I had good customer experience with Jeff talking about plans I was thinking about for my Jeep. Originally planned to order a bumper from them but found a Warn front bumper on Craigslist this past weekend that is a little surface rusty but in decent shape for the money. Going to see what it would run me to sandblast it and then repaint myself. It's been touched up a few times so a fresh start is needed.

Will probably use them for skids down the road though, they were helpful in explaining to me everything needed to get it done right.

I had good customer experience with Jeff talking about plans I was thinking about for my Jeep. Originally planned to order a bumper from them but found a Warn front bumper on Craigslist this past weekend that is a little surface rusty but in decent shape for the money. Going to see what it would run me to sandblast it and then repaint myself. It's been touched up a few times so a fresh start is needed.

Will probably use them for skids down the road though, they were helpful in explaining to me everything needed to get it done right.

I’d just use a sander or a angle grinder to get rid of the rust, definitely cheaper way to go and won’t take that long.

I’m leaning towards UnderCoverFab for all my skid needs in the future, they have a set of skids to fit anyone’s needs. With my experience with Rokmen’s ability to produce anything for a TJ that isn’t currently in stock, you could be waiting a very long time. Hell they can’t even ship JKS quick disco’s in a reasonable time.

Steer clear of Rokmen for anything TJ related.

Hell they can’t even ship JKS quick disco’s in a reasonable time.
So, a sidebar to my JKS discos purchase is that I originally ordered some off of Amazon. A few hours later, I tried co cancel the order because I found Rokmen was selling 'em for what was $28 cheaper (Amazon seller's price was higher, plus there was sales tax because he shipped out of a Washington state warehouse, and I reside in Washington. Hence the sales tax...). Anyway, Amazon didn't alert the seller until after he had already shipped 'em. He had shipped overnight! I contacted seller, who was a great guy to deal with, and he said just refuse shipment, and he'd refund the money. I did. He did. I ordered from Rokmen. No word that Rokmen has shipped my discos, yet. There's a lesson in there, somewhere...o_O

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
So, a sidebar to my JKS discos purchase is that I originally ordered some off of Amazon. A few hours later, I tried co cancel the order because I found Rokmen was selling 'em for what was $28 cheaper (Amazon seller's price was higher, plus there was sales tax because he shipped out of a Washington state warehouse, and I reside in Washington. Hence the sales tax...). Anyway, Amazon didn't alert the seller until after he had already shipped 'em. He had shipped overnight! I contacted seller, who was a great guy to deal with, and he said just refuse shipment, and he'd refund the money. I did. He did. I ordered from Rokmen. No word that Rokmen has shipped my discos, yet. There's a lesson in there, somewhere...o_O

I ordered mine from Northridge but they are up there in Washington too so you would get sales tax there also. But they are good to deal with. I pretty much gave up on Rokmen. Too bad because they are somewhat close and I would order a ton from them because they would get here fast and no tax, but they are too much of a pain to deal with. Still selling the bumper online. Haven't built one in probably at least a year but you can sure still buy one.

@IPerkWVU I think this is the thread where I ended up buying a new warn bumper that had really bad powder coating. I used aircraft paint remover to get it off because it was over the holiday and nothing was open. If I had ti to do again, I would have waited and taken @bobthetj03's advice and used a flapper disc. But I scraped all of the shitty powder coating off and used a self etching primer and some Hammered Rustoleum paint and it turned out awesome. It still looks good after a few months.

20171125_214451.jpg
20171201_111905.jpg
20171202_200759.jpg

I am officially unimpressed with Rokmen. I tried calling them well before closing, and I get their answering machine. I choose what department I need to talk to. I listen to the message, as there is no one available to assist me. I choose the "Leave a message", but am then informed that there is no more room to do so, and the system hangs up on me. Like I said, I'm not impressed. This is day eight since my early morning order, and there is no indication whatsoever that the product has even been boxed up...

I feel your pain, there really isn’t anyone other than Jeff that’s going to answer the phone from my experience calling. Just use the sales option, it seems to be the only extension that he answers. Good luck.

For what it’s worth I ordered a Currie steering setup around midnight last night from NorthRidge4x4 and it’s already in FedEx’s possession, be here Saturday or Monday.

Reactions: ac_ and Squatch
I feel your pain, there really isn’t anyone other than Jeff that’s going to answer the phone from my experience calling. Just use the sales option, it seems to be the only extension that he answers. Good luck.

For what it’s worth I ordered a Currie steering setup around midnight last night from NorthRidge4x4 and it’s already in FedEx’s possession, be here Saturday or Monday.
Yeah, I tried the sales number, as well. It just rang...
If this was some complicated kit I ordered, or some big, bulky item, then I'd understand (to some degree) the delay. But JKS dicos? Really? I'm actually an extremely patient individual. But this makes me wonder about whether or not I'd want to rely on them to get me an order if I was on any kind of a schedule. Right now, I'm just accumulating parts in anticipation of a "fair weather thrash". But what about the poor sap who needs parts to get his rig together for a planned get together in two weeks? I suspect he'd be SOL. Just not feeling the love right now...

Reactions: Jeeptrash
I had good service when I ordered their BL, but it was an in house product, so maybe they have
Yeah, I tried the sales number, as well. It just rang...
If this was some complicated kit I ordered, or some big, bulky item, then I'd understand (to some degree) the delay. But JKS dicos? Really? I'm actually an extremely patient individual. But this makes me wonder about whether or not I'd want to rely on them to get me an order if I was on any kind of a schedule. Right now, I'm just accumulating parts in anticipation of a "fair weather thrash". But what about the poor sap who needs parts to get his rig together for a planned get together in two weeks? I suspect he'd be SOL. Just not feeling the love right now...

I had the exact opposite experience. I called, talked to Jeff to be sure he had his BL in stock, then a few days later, ordered it online. Shipped out the same day I ordered. Received it 3 days later with email confirmations/tracking #'s during the process. Makes me wonder how the service will be when I'm ready to order his TC skid.

I had good service when I ordered their BL, but it was an in house product, so maybe they have

I had the exact opposite experience. I called, talked to Jeff to be sure he had his BL in stock, then a few days later, ordered it online. Shipped out the same day I ordered. Received it 3 days later with email confirmations/tracking #'s during the process. Makes me wonder how the service will be when I'm ready to order his TC skid.
Well, I definitely don't mean to bad-mouth the establishment. For price and product, he seems to have it together. And for all I know, there could be something happening that's totally out of his control, or so damn important (ie: family) that the business will just have to wait. Hell, I might end-up feeling like a real schmuck for bitchin' about this. But at this juncture, all I know is this isn't the best service I've ever received from a business.

Well, I definitely don't mean to bad-mouth the establishment. For price and product, he seems to have it together. And for all I know, there could be something happening that's totally out of his control, or so damn important (ie: family) that the business will just have to wait. Hell, I might end-up feeling like a real schmuck for bitchin' about this. But at this juncture, all I know is this isn't the best service I've ever received from a business.

I've done my fair amount of Jeep parts shopping over the years. There is an inconsistency when it come to customer service with many of these vendors. I can't point a finger an any one vendor, but I've made phone calls to vendors(yeah, I'm old school like you and like to talk to an actual human being most times), and get voice machines, hang ups, no answers, and the like. I try not to categorize them as poor service most times, and try again until I get someone, and when I do get someone, I tell them their shortfalls in a polite manner. 9 times out of 10, I get a legitimate excuse as to their misgivings. I'm not trying to give these vendors excuses for poor customer service, but in this day and age, I think we tend to expect a lot. The day will come when these smaller vendors that specialize in the very cool stuff that we covet, will disappear because they can't fulfill our instant gratification.

Reactions: Squatch
I've done my fair amount of Jeep parts shopping over the years. There is an inconsistency when it come to customer service with many of these vendors. I can't point a finger an any one vendor, but I've made phone calls to vendors(yeah, I'm old school like you and like to talk to an actual human being most times), and get voice machines, hang ups, no answers, and the like. I try not to categorize them as poor service most times, and try again until I get someone, and when I do get someone, I tell them their shortfalls in a polite manner. 9 times out of 10, I get a legitimate excuse as to their misgivings. I'm not trying to give these vendors excuses for poor customer service, but in this day and age, I think we tend to expect a lot. The day will come when these smaller vendors that specialize in the very cool stuff that we covet, will disappear because they can't fulfill our instant gratification.
Well said, my friend. I will take that to heart. I'm not on a real schedule, so what's the difference whether it's still there waiting to be shipped, or sitting in my garage waiting to be installed? I guess only the peace of mind of actually possessing the item I already paid for, but I'll deal with that. Thanks, buddy. I really appreciate your input on this. Changed the way I'm looking at it. :)

Reactions: bobthetj03
@IPerkWVU I think this is the thread where I ended up buying a new warn bumper that had really bad powder coating. I used aircraft paint remover to get it off because it was over the holiday and nothing was open. If I had ti to do again, I would have waited and taken @bobthetj03's advice and used a flapper disc. But I scraped all of the shitty powder coating off and used a self etching primer and some Hammered Rustoleum paint and it turned out awesome. It still looks good after a few months.

View attachment 33354 View attachment 33353 View attachment 33355

That bumper looks great. All good info to know about Rokmen, what I'm picking up from this thread is if you are going to order from them give them a call first (or maybe 2-3).

Well said, my friend. I will take that to heart. I'm not on a real schedule, so what's the difference whether it's still there waiting to be shipped, or sitting in my garage waiting to be installed? I guess only the peace of mind of actually possessing the item I already paid for, but I'll deal with that. Thanks, buddy. I really appreciate your input on this. Changed the way I'm looking at it. :)

I like rolling my stink on new jeep parts, like a dog rolling on fresh grass, just as much as the next jeeper, but you know what I mean about getting caught up in the current go to.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/126868776" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="
">Untitled</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user33550044">Jim VanLanen</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I like rolling my stink on new jeep parts, like a dog rolling on fresh grass, just as much as the next jeeper, but you know what I mean about getting caught up in the current go to.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/126868776" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="
">Untitled</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user33550044">Jim VanLanen</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
That I do, my friend! (Goofin' dog! LOL)