Anybody deal with Rokmen?

Well said, my friend. I will take that to heart. I'm not on a real schedule, so what's the difference whether it's still there waiting to be shipped, or sitting in my garage waiting to be installed? I guess only the peace of mind of actually possessing the item I already paid for, but I'll deal with that. Thanks, buddy. I really appreciate your input on this. Changed the way I'm looking at it. :)
You're a lot more patient and forgiving than I am. Knowing they would ship from Amazon the same day would have me demanding a refund from Rokmen after the wait you've experienced. Sure, you aren't installing right away, but you could if you had 'em. Those aren't dependent on other mods to install them. Besides that, it sounds like Rokmen charges your cc up front on ordering. It burns me that companies take your money up front, then expect you to just sit around and wait. If it's custom built stuff, that's one thing - they have to get materials, I know...but we are talking JKS disconnects. They don't build those. If they have 'em, ship 'em. If not, tell the customer so they can order from someone who does and will.

You're a lot more patient and forgiving than I am. Knowing they would ship from Amazon the same day would have me demanding a refund from Rokmen after the wait you've experienced. Sure, you aren't installing right away, but you could if you had 'em. Those aren't dependent on other mods to install them. Besides that, it sounds like Rokmen charges your cc up front on ordering. It burns me that companies take your money up front, then expect you to just sit around and wait. If it's custom built stuff, that's one thing - they have to get materials, I know...but we are talking JKS disconnects. They don't build those. If they have 'em, ship 'em. If not, tell the customer so they can order from someone who does and will.
Valid point. I am paying interest on the purchase, after all. I dunno. I guess what @bobthetj03 said just kind of resonated with me. If we're going to continue to support independent shops, we may have to accept some of the pitfalls of dealing with them. The last thing I want to see is the end of "the little guy" in any sort of business...

Reactions: bobthetj03
Valid point. I am paying interest on the purchase, after all. I dunno. I guess what @bobthetj03 said just kind of resonated with me. If we're going to continue to support independent shops, we may have to accept some of the pitfalls of dealing with them. The last thing I want to see is the end of "the little guy" in any sort of business...
Your call, absolutely. I would like to see more 'little guys' charge your cc when they ship instead of up front. That would give them some incentive to get stuff out the door. I too would rather support a small business or a local brick & mortar store, even if the price is a bit higher, but they're dwindling.

After 5+ pages of this thread, though, albeit a lot of it about bumper finishing :), and even some justifiable support for Rokmen, I wouldn't order a thumbtack from Rokmen. Busy or not, you HAVE to communicate with your customers. They are why you're in business.

Last edited:
I take another tact about Customer Service. It cost a company essentially nothing to provide GREAT customer service, so there really isn't any excuse to not do so. Every one of your employees should be a spokesperson for your company and if you don't trust them to do so, you are doing something wrong. There isn't any excuse in my mind to not make a phone call and let people know what is going on with their order. Something I've learned is that people are much more understanding when they know whats going on, vs being left in the dark, even if its not great news.

I take another tact about Customer Service. It cost a company essentially nothing to provide GREAT customer service, so there really isn't any excuse to not do so. Every one of your employees should be a spokesperson for your company and if you don't trust them to do so, you are doing something wrong. There isn't any excuse in my mind to not make a phone call and let people know what is going on with their order. Something I've learned is that people are much more understanding when they know whats going on, vs being left in the dark, even if its not great news.
Exactly.

Jeff, from Rokmen, called and left me a message (I don't pick-up when driving) saying that the order had shipped from JKS yesterday, and that he had actually called JKS to see what the hold up was. His message was very polite (apologetic, even). That in and of itself makes it easier for me to accept the delay. I'm good with it, and looking forward to getting my parts. I will say that there is obviously some room for improvement when dealing with Rokmen, but at least Jeff wasn't an ass**** about the situation. T'sall good. :thumbsup:

Reactions: KMG and bobthetj03
Glad he finally got back with you. I'm kind of torn as to whether I want to use their t-case skid or UCF's. Rokmen's skid gives you 2.25" more clearance over the stock shovel, UCF's No BL skid, 1.50" more clearance. Rokmen's skid is 1/4" thick, UCF's 3/16" thick. Both are about the same price. Apples to apples, Rokmen gives you more clearance and more steel, but also more weight. And with the higher tuck, more possibility for vibes and exhaust clearance issues. UCF does give you the option for 1/4" thick plate for extra coin.

Don’t
Glad he finally got back with you. I'm kind of torn as to whether I want to use their t-case skid or UCF's. Rokmen's skid gives you 2.25" more clearance over the stock shovel, UCF's No BL skid, 1.50" more clearance. Rokmen's skid is 1/4" thick, UCF's 3/16" thick. Both are about the same price. Apples to apples, Rokmen gives you more clearance and more steel, but also more weight. And with the higher tuck, more possibility for vibes and exhaust clearance issues. UCF does give you the option for 1/4" thick plate for extra coin.

I’m personally going to use UCF’s skids for my LJ when I’m ready. If you decide to go with rokmen, definitely call them before you place a order. Make sure they have what you want on hand, because if they don’t they wait until they get enough orders before they make a batch, for bumpers at least. That time may very well never come. Seeing how between myself and another they haven’t made any bumpers in at least 5 months.

Don’t

I’m personally going to use UCF’s skids for my LJ when I’m ready. If you decide to go with rokmen, definitely call them before you place a order. Make sure they have what you want on hand, because if they don’t they wait until they get enough orders before they make a batch, for bumpers at least. That time may very well never come. Seeing how between myself and another they haven’t made any bumpers in at least 5 months.

That also has me concerned. When I called Jeff to make sure they had the BL in stock, I also asked him about his skid. He said he had them, but needed to weld the trany mount plates on them, so delay time for that. How much delay, I'm uncertain.

I like how the Rokmen gas tank skid is all one smooth piece, without a bunch of screw or bolt heads showing in its construction. Just a cleaner looking unit, in my opinion. I'd assume their other skids would be similar. If I ever order from them again (for said skid, for example), I would definitely do as others have recommended, and call and talk with Jeff first. As they say, once bitten... ;)

Reactions: bobthetj03
I called twice on my bumper and got Jeff both times, he was nice enough but gave me different information than the guys here on the forum. The guys on the forum said he doesn't make the bumper anymore, but he said that the place where he gets the parts from have a tooling problem, but still no bumpers have moved and I ordered it last Sept. What company doesn't fix their tooling issue in a year and what other company doesn't try and find another source? And what company doesn't put a temporarily out of stock on the website if he isn't going to move them anymore? He is a nice enough guy but nice doesn't make the Zombiecom look good, so I am pretty done with them.

And another thing, After I sent him 500 bucks for the front bumper there was no communication for 3 months till I called him then the next month where I got my refund. If I would have never contacted him, I wouldn't have ever known the status. Not good in my mind.

I ordered a lift kit from Northridge and they let me know within days that they were backordered. Even though I didn't get my lift from them I did get my discos from them and they were here within 2 days.

That is how I feel, "What would you do in that situation?" Gosh!

That bumper looks great. All good info to know about Rokmen, what I'm picking up from this thread is if you are going to order from them give them a call first (or maybe 2-3).
I would lean more to the move on to somewhere else really, but if you are really excited, then call them for sure before you send them money.

I called twice on my bumper and got Jeff both times, he was nice enough but gave me different information than the guys here on the forum. The guys on the forum said he doesn't make the bumper anymore, but he said that the place where he gets the parts from have a tooling problem, but still no bumpers have moved and I ordered it last Sept. What company doesn't fix their tooling issue in a year and what other company doesn't try and find another source? And what company doesn't put a temporarily out of stock on the website if he isn't going to move them anymore? He is a nice enough guy but nice doesn't make the Zombiecom look good, so I am pretty done with them.

And another thing, After I sent him 500 bucks for the front bumper there was no communication for 3 months till I called him then the next month where I got my refund. If I would have never contacted him, I wouldn't have ever known the status. Not good in my mind.

I ordered a lift kit from Northridge and they let me know within days that they were backordered. Even though I didn't get my lift from them I did get my discos from them and they were here within 2 days.

That is how I feel, "What would you do in that situation?" Gosh!
Yeah, if I was dealing with the bumper issue that some of you have been, there's no other way to look at it: I'd be pissed. I'm really torn on whether or not I will deal with them again. For the time being, I just want to get my discos in hand. Anything else...well, we'll see.

Reactions: ac_
Well, think I made my decision. Picked up the phone and called UCF. Got the owner(Matt) on the second ring. After asking him a couple questions and if he had skids in stock(he does), I'll be getting his no BL skid shortly.

So, just when I thought I could be happy about the fact that Jeff from Rokmen responded to my calls and left a message saying my JKS discos had shipped the day before (after a 9 day delay), he drops the ball in another area. First off and I didn't catch it at first, but he gives me a mile-long tracking number, but fails to mention what business this tracking number is linked to. Fed-Ex? USPS? UPS? Rokmen? I ordered from Rokmen as a "guest", so I don't have an account to check with. Secondly, he stated "I'll send you an e-mail with all this information so you can track the shipment." Right. No e-mail to be found. Not in the "spam", either. I'm kind of over it. Once the discos arrive, I'm done.

Reactions: Jeeptrash and KMG
Sad to hear this. Too bad too. He has quality products, but with no follow up, no bueno. Fail.

So, just when I thought I could be happy about the fact that Jeff from Rokmen responded to my calls and left a message saying my JKS discos had shipped the day before (after a 9 day delay), he drops the ball in another area. First off and I didn't catch it at first, but he gives me a mile-long tracking number, but fails to mention what business this tracking number is linked to. Fed-Ex? USPS? UPS? Rokmen? I ordered from Rokmen as a "guest", so I don't have an account to check with. Secondly, he stated "I'll send you an e-mail with all this information so you can track the shipment." Right. No e-mail to be found. Not in the "spam", either. I'm kind of over it. Once the discos arrive, I'm done.
Did you try the tracking number on all those sites (UPS, FEDEX, & USPS)? I track stuff all day long as part of my job, so if you need help, let me know.

Reactions: Squatch
Well, think I made my decision. Picked up the phone and called UCF. Got the owner(Matt) on the second ring. After asking him a couple questions and if he had skids in stock(he does), I'll be getting his no BL skid shortly.
Please take a lot of photos, and chronicle the install, if you don't mind. I'm pretty sure a lot of TJ owners besides me will be very interested.