Anybody do this in their fire?

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
If you take a cooper pipe, drill a few half inch holes, slide in a piece of garden hose. When you throw it into the fire you'll get different colors.

You can reuse the cooper pipe over and over.

Yeah, those purty colors are the off gassing methy-ethyl bad stuff that garden hose is made of. I’ll pass on that one. Hard pass.

Reactions: Chris
A couch does similar things with colors, but you can't reuse the couch after the first fire.

The word couch can be replaced with a magnesium vw engine block.

We used to throw aerosol cans into the fire when we were young boys. We got a kick out of watching them explode and fly into the air at a distance. Of course when our mothers found out, they weren't too happy :ROFLMAO:

Ahhh the good old days in my back yard when we burned trash in a 55 gallon drum We never had one fly but did have some nice balls of flame. The last one was a full can of Lysol and that ball of fire was about 50 ft diameter and the drum was ripped open. We had three different neighbors come over to see what happened, then hey pounded on the back door to tell my mom. She didn't even hear the fire ball because she was in the basement and both the washer and the dryer were running, maybe even the water pump. Luckily for me she believed it when I told her grandma must have put that can in the bag I took out.

As for the copper in fire, back in my crazy high school days when many of us wore jean jackets daily one kid started turning blue. Mainly his neck and to some degree his forearms. He blamed his jean jacket even though it wasn't new and was quite faded. The blue went on for a couple weeks until after getting off the bus he asked someone if they wanted to smoke a bowl. They went into his dad's garage and he pulled out the bowl he created about a month earlier, made from copper pipe. I don't remember who the other kid was, or how he knew this but he told first kid that copper with fire was poisonous and wouldn't take a hit. I think it took a few days to convince him to stop using it but once he stopped, the blue faded away over the next week or two.

Two years later, I was working in a machine shop and was put on a job welding copper to steel. Who knew that was even possible? IDK, anyway we all were given some kind of large gas masks and there were several fans to blow the smoke away.

We used to throw aerosol cans into the fire when we were young boys. We got a kick out of watching them explode and fly into the air at a distance. Of course when our mothers found out, they weren't too happy :ROFLMAO:
Ya'll need to get trained up on the manufacture and use of Mickey Bombs. Until then, you are rank amateurs at pyromania.

Acetylene filled bag can be interesting. Start small.
Acetylene just makes a big smoky fireball without much bang. Set your cutting torch to the sharp blue points on the flame tips and snuff it out on a leather glove. Then use that mixture to fill a balloon about the size of a grapefruit. Tape that to a long stick and put that over the fire. Wear hearing protection.

The word couch can be replaced with a magnesium vw engine block.

Ahhh the good old days in my back yard when we burned trash in a 55 gallon drum We never had one fly but did have some nice balls of flame. The last one was a full can of Lysol and that ball of fire was about 50 ft diameter and the drum was ripped open. We had three different neighbors come over to see what happened, then hey pounded on the back door to tell my mom. She didn't even hear the fire ball because she was in the basement and both the washer and the dryer were running, maybe even the water pump. Luckily for me she believed it when I told her grandma must have put that can in the bag I took out.

As for the copper in fire, back in my crazy high school days when many of us wore jean jackets daily one kid started turning blue. Mainly his neck and to some degree his forearms. He blamed his jean jacket even though it wasn't new and was quite faded. The blue went on for a couple weeks until after getting off the bus he asked someone if they wanted to smoke a bowl. They went into his dad's garage and he pulled out the bowl he created about a month earlier, made from copper pipe. I don't remember who the other kid was, or how he knew this but he told first kid that copper with fire was poisonous and wouldn't take a hit. I think it took a few days to convince him to stop using it but once he stopped, the blue faded away over the next week or two.

Two years later, I was working in a machine shop and was put on a job welding copper to steel. Who knew that was even possible? IDK, anyway we all were given some kind of large gas masks and there were several fans to blow the smoke away.
Magnesium, that stuff is really hard to put out Once it gets going.

Acetylene just makes a big smoky fireball without much bang. Set your cutting torch to the sharp blue points on the flame tips and snuff it out on a leather glove. Then use that mixture to fill a balloon about the size of a grapefruit. Tape that to a long stick and put that over the fire. Wear hearing protection.

A guy a couple shops down used to set off oxy ace balloons. He had a great idea to use a trash bag. He had it about full when static electricity set it off. Even a sandwich Ziploc is loud.

Reactions: Blondie70
A guy a couple shops down used to set off oxy ace balloons. He had a great idea to use a trash bag. He had it about full when static electricity set it off. Even a sandwich Ziploc is loud.
Small balloons are incredibly loud for their size. My first experience with Oxy balloons was when I was about 12. My father and his buddy were fucking around with the stuff and filled a big balloon. It wound up about 3' long and about 12-14" in diameter. They decided they didn't want to get too close to it when they set it off so they taped it to the end of a broomstick so one of them could hold it out and the other could reach up and touch it off with the lit torch.

Not knowing any better, us kids just stood around and watched like kids do. I'm surprised any of us could see or hear after that.

They moved onto the trash bags and remote ignition after that since it was safer than the gunpowder cannons that kept turning into shrapnel.

Reactions: Blondie70