Anybody know a good Bluetooth modified radio?

I have one of these in 3 vehicles. Pairs easily and sound quality is great.

1624567232240.png

Have you still got factory speakers and amp. If yes these transmitters will be ok. Anything better and don’t go the transmitter route...respectfully they are very poor sound quality.

Have kicker speakers all around with factory head unit when i got it. Just put a soundstream 5 channel pico nano in today. Sound is crystal clear even at high volumes with the new amp. I would totally do it again if keeping the oem head unit.

No static and the audio quality sounds great to me. The previous and next track buttons on the radio work to go forward or back in a playlist.

For the volume, I switch back to radio, turn it up, and then switch back to Bluetooth. An annoyance but it works. The Bluetooth pauses when I switch to the radio and resumes when I switch back. I emailed Grom and they said it’s a problem with the amp used for subwoofer equipped models. However, the person I bought it from said it worked fine in their subwoofer Jeep. I have another head unit I’m going to swap and try sometime.
Swapped the head units today and the volume quirk is gone. Something about that old radio it didn’t like. The code was RBP on the front of the one with the quirk. The new one that works correctly is RAZ.

Short story long, I punched my dash, in my 2004, because it was squeaking and *apparently* I have the strength of a god because My slight love tap on the top of the gauge cluster somehow transferred 2 feet to my Bluetooth modified factory radio and broke it :/

This radio was pretty shit anyways and sounded really muffled and audio quality would change based on what radio channel was selected, (strange for “Bluetooth”) this was purchased from factory1 radio about a year ago.

That being said, does anybody have suggestions on a factory modified Bluetooth radio? One that doesn’t sound muffled. Or would a radio with a wired aux jack sound better?

also, can any audio nerds explain my “Bluetooth” radio changing quality based on what channel it was on?
I wired in a GROM Bluetooth adapter to the stock stereo. 100% happy.

Actually, yes. I just put the Kenwood in my daughters and it's great! Has bluetooth, back up camera, and map navigation. They put a different bezel in to accommodate the larger screen and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

I wired in a GROM Bluetooth adapter to the stock stereo. 100% happy.
I ended up getting the GROM and it’s worth every penny so far. It sounds amazing. Decided to listen to the beginning of A New Hope on my now grom modified stereo and then on my early 90’s Bose 8 speaker surround sound my parents gave to me and I can say my jeep sounded better than my home surround. Amazing.

plus, took my jeep for a week to the Badlands off-road park in Indiana (with the doors and top off) and even after all the shaking, tumbling, dust, water, and mud, nothing has broke.

P.S. it hides perfectly above the fuse box, and the mic can hide past the speedometer so it’s out of view and it picks up your voice well even with the Jeep naked at 40 mph