Anyone been to the gun store lately?

Rather than weird, what I found utterly disgusting was the use of kitchen-style hose nozzles in public bathrooms in Dubai and other middle-eastern cities. Imagine a US-styled industrial toilet with a kitchen sprayer hanging nearby. There was always a large amount of water on the floor in public restrooms.

So you visiting India anytime soon?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Rather than weird, what I found utterly disgusting was the use of kitchen-style hose nozzles in public bathrooms in Dubai and other middle-eastern cities. Imagine a US-styled industrial toilet with a kitchen sprayer hanging nearby. There was always a large amount of water on the floor in public restrooms.
Those systems are pretty gnarly, I agree. A bidet that keeps all of the water in the bowl is what I'm talking about here. I'm not going to use any system that requires ME to aim for the butthole. I can barely get my pee stream into the bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
The gun ranges and stores are always packed around here, virus or not.

I get most of my stuff online because of it. The stuff I can't get shipped to MA I get 5 minutes up the road in NH.

Went to get some anmo and parts for the good ol’ Glock 17 the other day and the store was pretty much empty. Next door theres an ace and we needed a few bolts for a project on my dads cj-5 and it was busy as hell with people who were trying to find/buy toilet paper and baby wipes... I was surprised how slow the gun store was but i guess its a Comifornia thing.
Might be a California thing as you noted. Here in Idaho, gun shops are out of common ammo like 9mm and running out of many models of handguns in particular. I attached a photo of the ammo shelves at the local Cabela's from a couple days ago. Looks like the toilet paper isle at Costco. :)
Cabela's Ammo Shelves.jpeg

I've got all the semi-autos I need. I've always loved the cowboy guns so really been into the SAA lately and most people don't want single action only right now.
I just added the two Ubertis to my collection, I've had the Ruger on the bottom for a while, all 45LC.
Looking to get the Uberti "Evil Roy" next, also found a guy in London named London Jack that hand makes gorgeous cowboy rigs so I'll be giving him a shout soon to order one.
IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

I've got all the semi-autos I need. I've always loved the cowboy guns so really been into the SAA lately and most people don't want single action only right now.
I just added the two Ubertis to my collection, I've had the Ruger on the bottom for a while, all 45LC.
Looking to get the Uberti "Evil Roy" next, also found a guy in London named London Jack that hand makes gorgeous cowboy rigs so I'll be giving him a shout soon to order one.
View attachment 152713
View attachment 152715

Looks like we have the same taste in cowboy guns!

The LGS that we hang out in has been extremely busy. Just they other day, they sold a record 80 guns in one day. Mainly shotguns, and AR platform rifles.

Many buyers wanted handguns. Just about everyone mentioned Covid-19, or the current situation in the country with panic buying and wanting to protect themselves and their resources.

But in NY you cant even ask to see a handgun without showing a permit. Many couldn’t believe “how stupid” the law was. And after having the purchase/permit process explained to them,

(in NY, where I live, you must apply for a handgun permit with the local PD. Wait about 4-6 mos for a background check. Once you receive your permit, go to store, do NICS, buy gun. Leave gun at store, take receipt to Pistol license section at PD, have it added to your permit, then go back to store to get gun)

They were even more upset and crying about the stupid laws after being denied the ability to walk out with a handgun.

72 were first time gun buyers/owners.

I know we’re not supposed to use identity politics. But according to one of the guys behind the counter, based upon looks, mannerisms, and conversation with said buyers, most would’ve fit into the “activist, liberal types, mostly from affluent areas”. His words. Although they were a little more animated.

He said it was very interesting to see what he believed, were people who were “probably” on the opposite side of the gun ownership debate pior to this pandemic, who were more upset with being told that they can’t have what they wanted, that there were actual laws that needed to be followed and it didn’t matter who they were, or who they knew.

Yesterday, when they pulled up to the store, there was a line of people waiting.
Really sucks for y'all, I just go in and buy the gun I want and walk out with it.

View attachment 152713
View attachment 152715
Do you have the convertible cylinder for your Ruger? I have an identical looking ruger but it shoots both 45LC and 45ACP.

Also have one in .357 that shoots .357 mag, .38 specials and 9mm.

Do you have the convertible cylinder for your Ruger? I have an identical looking ruger but it shoots both 45LC and 45ACP.

Also have one in .357 that shoots .357 mag, .38 specials and 9mm.
No, just the one cylinder. I believe I can get some half moon clips and shoot 45acp in the 45LC though?

Y'all will love this.
I bought these grips on Ebay, Sanbar Stag for $120.00 which is dirt cheap for Sanbar.
The grips came in and were absolutely gorgeous, but some dumbass had shortened the bottom of the grips to where they were about a 1/4" to short! I was refunded my full amount, but it sucks because Sanbar Stag runs around $500 for a set now.
IMG_1243.JPG

Reactions: Blondie70
Only local gun store in my area is appointment only, and the range is closed. Trying to keep people from just wandering on and looking around for no reason, like me, lol.
You must be from my neck of the woods if you're talking about Claytons