Anyone been to the gun store lately?

Back in the day before they had the safety slide, I had bought one of those Ruger Blackhawks. The recall came out and Ruger sent me a box to send the gun back to them so they could add the safety slide. I never did send my pistol to them. I just kept it on an empty cylinder and thought it might be worth more later if it was original.

Yes, the bar that slides in front of the firing pin on the hammer. They didn't always have it.
I could be wrong, but I didn't think Ruger ever had the firing pin in the hammer like Colt or S&W did they?
I know they've always maintained they were never trying to copy Colts design and that was why their SAA are so beefy.

Please post any if you have some photographed? To me, there's nothing more beautiful than the lines on a SAA.

I'll have to post some. I've got a really nice Ruger Vaquero in .45 LC and .45 ACP.

I've also been meaning to buy a lever action rifle for a while now, as I'm in love with those things as well.

When all that's in between my family and a criminal with a weapon is me; you're God damn right I'm an another idiot with a gun. A tempered and responsible gun owner; but still 'another idiot' with a gun. I have been a law enforcement officer. I can tell you with full confidence. In times like these, don't depend on a speedy response time re calls for service. There is nothing wrong with being prepared to defend your family with lethal force should the need arise. If you don't think that would ever be necessary, I'd suggest you reevaluate your surroundings and read up on your history. That's not a scare tactic. It's a possibility. What was once called the Boy Scouts had a motto for that.....

Having said that, in my travels most people, in passing, have been more polite than in the past.