Anyone carry any weird gear in their Jeep?

sdc

While it is not essential trail gear as is usually discussed here, I got to thinking about this after my wife called my "Jeep Stick" weird.

For those of you whose mind went straight to the gutter my "Jeep Stick" is a hickory hiking stick I keep on the bars inside my Jeep in case I want to get out and hike, poke a possum, kill a walker (like Morgan taught us all to do), etc.

I am curious do any of you other folks carry around anything that might look a little out of place in your rigs?

NVgw0ZK.jpg

Reactions: EJD and TJ Starting
I have a set of jumper cables rigged to plug into a quick connect coming out of the front grill, people get a confused look when I pull them out and start plugging all the pieces together. I have a receiver on the front of the Jeep, so I carry my winch behind the back seat and the quick connect is to plug it in when I put the winch on the front. The cable is actually to run from the front plug to the back if I put the winch on the back receiver, but I also have some gator clips that will plug on one end to use for jumper cables if needed.

I have a set of jumper cables rigged to plug into a quick connect coming out of the front grill, people get a confused look when I pull them out and start plugging all the pieces together. I have a receiver on the front of the Jeep, so I carry my winch behind the back seat and the quick connect is to plug it in when I put the winch on the front. The cable is actually to run from the front plug to the back if I put the winch on the back receiver, but I also have some gator clips that will plug on one end to use for jumper cables if needed.
There's no weird kit there - just sensible self sufficiency 👍

Reactions: reddvltj
@tworley... have you ever put full doors on with that set up in cold weather? If so was it pretty comfortable with the heater on?

Nope, never had full doors. Though this morning it's 49° and drizzly and I had my half doors with uppers on and only the safari top. l was comfortable with the heat on low and the seat heater also on low.

Nope, never had full doors. Though this morning it's 49° and drizzly and I had my half doors with uppers on and only the safari top. l was comfortable with the heat on low and the seat heater also on low.
Okay....half doors with uppers on close enough for full doors. Hummmmm...comfortable at 49 degrees with the back portion off....nice. Was thinking about doing something similar as your's.

Okay....half doors with uppers on close enough for full doors. Hummmmm...comfortable at 49 degrees with the back portion off....nice. Was thinking about doing something similar as your's.

The windjammer can make a big difference. I usually run it in the early spring when we're stilling trying to snap back into warm weather. Now that it is October I will probably put it back on for a few more weeks before the soft top goes back on.

The windjammer can make a big difference. I usually run it in the early spring when we're stilling trying to snap back into warm weather. Now that it is October I will probably put it back on for a few more weeks before the soft top goes back on.
I already have the windjammer section, just not the top section. That's why I want to do it also, prolong putting the heavy hard top back on.

Reactions: tworley
I used to run a jeep with half doors and a full length bikini top. In bad weather I would run the soft upper doors and a Windjammer. It kept the wind off and most of the rain out, but I only had to deal with SoCal weather and seldom purposely took the jeep out in the rain.

That arrangement was good enough for what I needed it to do, but I don't think I would try it in a climate with 40+ inches of rainfall each year or where it regularly snows.

Not in my Jeep but, in my old FJ-40, I took the top off to move a refrigerator from one house to another.
And also took 2 full sized mannequins to an open area shooting range.
My shooting buddy is a black dude, so he painted his black and I painted mine yellow, my ethnic background.
This was in the 80's so drugs and alcohol were involved. We even invited the shooters around to take pot shots at it.
Oh the memories.

I used to run a jeep with half doors and a full length bikini top. In bad weather I would run the soft upper doors and a Windjammer. It kept the wind off and most of the rain out, but I only had to deal with SoCal weather and seldom purposely took the jeep out in the rain.

That arrangement was good enough for what I needed it to do, but I don't think I would try it in a climate with 40+ inches of rainfall each year or where it regularly snows.
Mine is not a DD so I wouldn't use it like that if there was a chance of rain, just for the cooler weather.

l was comfortable with the heat on low and the seat heater also on low.

So did you use a universal type seat heater kit like you would find on Amazon? It's not needed for me in Texas but my wife might like one (she is more sensitive to the cold than I am).

So did you use a universal type seat heater kit like you would find on Amazon? It's not needed for me in Texas but my wife might like one (she is more sensitive to the cold than I am).

Yep. I got mine on eBay. I want to say Tech Era Carbon was the brand name.