Anyone else going to Sedona to welcome in the Apocalypse?

srimes

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I was driving home yesterday and just before I got to the house I saw a young family pushing a stroller and carrying a toddler. The father stuck his thumb out so I stopped to see if they needed. He said they were going to Sedona, AZ. I said I was just checking to see if they were OK and went home.

Took the dogs out and mentioned it to the wife. She thought it was very weird and was worried about them getting picked up by a psyco. I guessed they were Europeans hitchhiking to see the country. We see them passing by the house and she heads out the warn them about the dangers of hitchhiking :rolleyes:

Turns out they've been on the road for 11 days, and are going to Sedona to welcome in the Apocalypse. They invited us to join them. My wife expressed her concern and they thanked her but said not to worry, as they had guardian angels protecting them.

Alrighty then.

Jesus is finally coming back again? To Arizona of all places?

• Wow
Reactions: RINC
Sedona is the last place I would go if I knew the world was coming to an end.
Heck, Sedona is the last place I would go at any time.

• Haha
Jesus is finally coming back again? To Arizona of all places?

Sedona is the last place I would go if I knew the world was coming to an end.
Heck, Sedona is the last place I would go at any time.

Am I to assume to not be inviting both of you to go wheeling with us in Sedona?

• Haha
Reactions: Farmergreg
Am I to assume to not be inviting both of you to go wheeling with us in Sedona?

I'm all for it. I just won't be lured there for spiritual woo woo reasons that aren't of an academic curiosity.

• Haha
My concern would be whats in store for those kids if the parents are headed into some lunatic mass suicide situation. ☹️ Any known cults in the area?

I was driving home yesterday and just before I got to the house I saw a young family pushing a stroller and carrying a toddler. The father stuck his thumb out so I stopped to see if they needed. He said they were going to Sedona, AZ. I said I was just checking to see if they were OK and went home.

Took the dogs out and mentioned it to the wife. She thought it was very weird and was worried about them getting picked up by a psyco. I guessed they were Europeans hitchhiking to see the country. We see them passing by the house and she heads out the warn them about the dangers of hitchhiking :rolleyes:

Turns out they've been on the road for 11 days, and are going to Sedona to welcome in the Apocalypse. They invited us to join them. My wife expressed her concern and they thanked her but said not to worry, as they had guardian angels protecting them.

Alrighty then.

Were they dead behind the eyes?

This place is beautiful, but the people are nuts. Calling them hippies would be putting it gently. I don’t even know how to describe this crowd.

Whenever there’s even a hint somewhere in the spiritual community that the world is going to end people think the enlightening will happen here. It’s so odd.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
@Jamison C, what are you planning up there?

The only thing I’m planning here is to capitalize on the real estate market when all these AirB&Bs in this artificial economy get foreclosed on 🤣 Over half this area is made up of short term rentals now and the demand isn’t there anymore.

This place is beautiful, but the people are nuts. Calling them hippies would be putting it gently. I don’t even know how to describe this crowd.

Whenever there’s even a hint somewhere in the spiritual community that the world is going to end people think the enlightening will happen here. It’s so odd.

Sounds like Portland minus the spiritual aspect.

I wonder how they got it into their heads that God cares so much about Sedona. Surely there is a backstory to all of this?

I was told by a long time Sedona area local that the whole vortex/crystal cruncher Sedona thing was invented by Jeep tour owners way BITD to increase business. It's a Jeep thing.

At one time one of the vortexes was close to the airport and there was a problem with people being on the runway. Certain people had a little meeting and that vortex mysteriously moved away from the airport.

I was in Sedona a few months ago and it was nothing but a traffic jam, an interesting store full of overpriced stuff and the cool church. I guess I missed the cult stuff.