Anyone have a source for a new HVAC fan speed switch or HVAC panel?

My first thought was to replace the panel before diving into the vacuum lines, blend door, etc., but it sounds like the 05-06 models used a different part. I was talking to someone that has a spare for sale, but he doesn't know which version it is and couldn't find a part # on it. Is there a quick and easy way to tell them apart?

One of the switches on the back is different. I wan to say it the fan speed switch, but I’m not positive.

One of the switches on the back is different. I wan to say it the fan speed switch, but I’m not positive.
Thanks! He sent me pictures of the part he has, and I'm going to pull mine out and compare. I'll look for differences on the fan switch.

Mine switch had some melting like that so I took it apart, smoothed out the surfaces inside and kind of rebuilt it without the spring inside. Everything I searched for says you can't get just the switch, you have to buy the whole assembly $$$. I've got a switch from the older models, and I'm going to play around with it soon to see how hard a retrofit would be.

This one is a little late for the fan switch problem. However, if someone else has that same issue, you can buy the cheaper Non-A/C panel, at $45, then remove the fan speed switch from the new panel and install it in your old A/C panel. I did this a while ago on my '06 LJ Rubicon. It was significantly cheaper than buying a new A/C HVAC panel and worked great.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-55056556ab/year/2005/make/jeep/model/wrangler?rrec=true
Edit: I ordered a couple items from Summit, totaling over $99 and shipping was free.

Reactions: zebra12
This one is a little late for the fan switch problem. However, if someone else has that same issue, you can buy the cheaper Non-A/C panel, at $45, then remove the fan speed switch from the new panel and install it in your old A/C panel. I did this a while ago on my '06 LJ Rubicon. It was significantly cheaper than buying a new A/C HVAC panel and worked great.

That's what I did with mine too, except I got mine panel off Ebay.

That's a great deal for a brand new part through Summit.

Reactions: Irun
Well, I think I fixed my problem and learned more about the differences between the parts from different years. I'll post some photos here in case it helps somebody else.

I was talking to a guy on FB that was selling a climate control unit, and he sent me this picture of the back of his. I think this part works for 99-04 TJs (correct me if I'm wrong). Take note of the fan switch in particular as an easy difference to spot.

118968935_1244891059176970_2028812544850617352_n.jpg

I pulled the unit out of my 06 for comparison, and the fan switch is quite different. I'm not sure if the vacuum connection has any difference, but I included a shot of that too for reference.

IMG_20200909_202107991.jpg
IMG_20200909_202122907.jpg

When I took the part out, I noticed it had a rattle, and I surmised that it was probably not supposed to rattle, so I decided to take it apart further. I discovered that one of the knobs had cracked and the broken piece was rattling around inside. The selector knob was slipping on the shaft, which explains why sometimes I could feel it turn and click into position, and sometimes it just seemed to spin without resistance. I glued it back together for now and ordered a new knob on Amazon for 8 bucks, so hopefully that fixes my problem.

IMG_20200909_203406669.jpg

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Will the wire harness from an 05-06 fit the fan switch from the older ones? Will the older control unit fit the 05-06? If so the solution might be to buy a control unit for an older one from junkyard and since switches are available for them keep one in reserve.

Oh boy! My 05 just started having this issue. Replacing the resistor as a fail safe but I did see some slight melting on the blower speed and it has the issue where some speeds activate when pressing down.

Mine is also a woory branded unit.

So Is my only option the Mopar original or the one over at summit ? Does the summit version Have the circular looking connector on the back?
I haven't been able to find this woory brand anywhere. Im in Australia.

PXL_20211029_010248498.jpg

PXL_20211029_010237569.jpg

Reactions: Ericshere03

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-55056556ab/year/2005/make/jeep/model/wrangler?rrec=true
Edit: I ordered a couple items from Summit, totaling over $99 and shipping was free.
Thank you for this information. My 05 TJ needs a new switch.

Reactions: Irun
Amazon came up with 0 results.

I searched:
05183284AA

P55056558AA
IB1C200202

The last 2 numbers were on the back of the unit in my Jeep.

View attachment 93167
Have this one also. In Australia. You ever find a replacement ?
Thanks! They ship to Australia which is super helpful as all the other sites did not.
Looks like this one doesn't have that circular connector?

Screenshot_20211031-094514.png

Thanks! They ship to Australia which is super helpful as all the other sites did not.

View attachment 287300
Are you referring to the vacuum line connector that attaches to the switch? I’ve never seen that supplied with the switch.

View attachment 287300
I found a non-A/C control panel on eBay and just took the fan speed switch that I needed off of it and put onto my control panel.

Reactions: zebra12
When mine went out I ordered the control unit for one without AC then swapped the switch into my original one. Saved me a bunch of money.
55056556AB better buy them quick guess it's discontinued now according to mopar parts websites

Last edited:
Yeah it's crazy that a common part can be discontinued and jeep do nothing. Is it really just the shell that holds everything together that's melted that's the problem. Can it be 3d printed?

Yeah it's crazy that a common part can be discontinued and jeep do nothing. Is it really just the shell that holds everything together that's melted that's the problem. Can it be 3d printed?
From what I've always been told the manufacturers are required to support the parts for 10 yrs after they quit manufacturing the vehicle.
Can't comment on 3d printing

Amazon came up with 0 results.

I searched:
05183284AA

P55056558AA
IB1C200202

The last 2 numbers were on the back of the unit in my Jeep.

View attachment 93167
From what I've always been told the manufacturers are required to support the parts for 10 yrs after they quit manufacturing the vehicle.
Can't comment on 3d printing
To swap it out with a version that didn't have the AC mode do you just need to unscrew the 2 screws and swap? Is it that straight forward?