• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Anyone have a source for a new HVAC fan speed switch or HVAC panel?

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Does anyone have a source for a NEW hvac fans speed switch, or a NEW hvac panel for an ‘06?

I know the ‘05 & ‘06 are different and are not available from MOPAR anymore. I’d like to find new if available before a used one.

Fan doesn’t blow on all speeds. Just started after I had it out to replace the lights in it. I think it’s the switch itself and not the resistor for a few reasons.

1) When first bought the Jeep I had it out and noticed very slight melting of the housing. Not long after that I replaced the blower motor (which I understood to be the problem with the melting).

2) over the last 3 years, sometimes if wouldn’t work in various settings, unless you pushed in on the knob.

3) today is the first day I’ve drove it since replacing the lighting. When I first started it up, it only ran on setting 3. I pulled the unit out and checked it out. The switch is a little loose where it’s held together because of the melting. When I put it back together, then in only ran on setting 4.

670A558C-B716-4428-A2D5-E6C26D988CE7.jpeg

OP
MountaineerTom

MountaineerTom

Supporting Member
I’d like to replace only the switch if possible instead of the whole unit.

MX952

TJ Enthusiast
You can get these on Amazon for about $35. I picked one up, case in a Mopar box and was a direct plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MX952

TJ Enthusiast
Pretty sure. Just enter the OEM part number and it should come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MountaineerTom

MountaineerTom

Supporting Member
Amazon came up with 0 results.

I searched:
05183284AA

P55056558AA
IB1C200202

The last 2 numbers were on the back of the unit in my Jeep.

838F790F-9037-4C77-BA35-C41E71D315E9.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
MountaineerTom

MountaineerTom

Supporting Member
I ended up finding one on eBay. I’ll probably pull the switch off of it and put it on my hvac control assembly.

FYI, the units for TJ/LJ’s without A/C have the same switch for the fan speed. P/N 55056556AA.

That was going to be my plan b if the seller didn’t accept the price I offered for the A/C version.

OP
MountaineerTom

MountaineerTom

Supporting Member
Well damn. I checked some online MOPAR parts sites that I’ve ordered from in the past and they said not available.

If the one I ordered doesn’t work out, I’ll check that one out.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
OP
MountaineerTom

MountaineerTom

Supporting Member
It turns out it was a combination of the switch and the resistor.

I canned the switch part off of my eBay purchase, cleaned it up a little and put it on and still had the same problem. Replaced the resistor and all 4 speeds worked. I put the old switch back on to see what it would do. I still had to push in on it like the previous video to get the fan to run. Put the eBay switch back on and everything works as it’s supposed to.

Looks like the slight melting of the original switch from before I got it was the reason I was having to push it in to make contact and run. It’s melted and moving right where one of the little clips that hold the housing halves together.

726B716A-79D9-4E7C-9086-6C0A8764FB36.jpeg

47E0353E-C148-4810-AC16-FECAAEB77736.jpeg

Reactions: Fouledplugs