Anyone have experience with Old Man Emu 1.5 inch springs?

BDP

Supporting Member

Old Man Emu 1.50-Inch Front Heavy Load Lift Coil Springs(97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ)​

Has anyone installed these springs?

I ran OME springs for a while and was happy with them. I looked up the springs you have listed and they show as the OME 2933 springs. Not sure why some are advertising them as 1.5". Maybe people with heavy bumpers and winches complained? Plenty of people on here have used them. Do a Google search for "Jeep TJ Forum OME 2933" and you find lots of threads discussing them.

I think @AndyG is running OME springs !!

Yes I am-

It has been said that it’s not the springs bit more the shock absorbers that control the ride-

The springs certainly control height-

Ome stands out because they sella very complete kit.

Reactions: John Cooper

Old Man Emu 1.50-Inch Front Heavy Load Lift Coil Springs(97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ)​

They held my Jeep up fine. Now they’re holding my sons Jeep up fine.

The coils coil and fit nice on the upper coil spring isolator and in the keeper near the lower perch. The paint is black. Great product. Does what it does.

I have these. Only additional weight I have at the front is a winch plate and winch and they yield more than 1.5".
I just bought the springs so have no personal experience, but view on here seems to be that the shocks in the kit aren't the best.

I ran OME springs for a while and was happy with them. I looked up the springs you have listed and they show as the OME 2933 springs. Not sure why some are advertising them as 1.5". Maybe people with heavy bumpers and winches complained? Plenty of people on here have used them. Do a Google search for "Jeep TJ Forum OME 2933" and you find lots of threads discussing them.

I found the 2933's are good for 90-180 lbs and they make a 2932 which are good for 0 to 90 lbs and are .6 inches shorter. I'm only running 31s and I really don't want a 2 inch plus lift. Based on others using the 2932s, I'm thinking they will work for me with 10 mm spacer if I need. Hoping to will get around 1.5 inch lift up front with a .75 spacer in the rear.

On my LJ with stock bumpers and no winch the 2933 springs barely netted 2 inches of lift. I just pulled the OME nitrocharger sports out and went to a 2934.

I found the 2933's are good for 90-180 lbs and they make a 2932 which are good for 0 to 90 lbs and are .6 inches shorter. I'm only running 31s and I really don't want a 2 inch plus lift. Based on others using the 2932s, I'm thinking they will work for me with 10 mm spacer if I need. Hoping to will get around 1.5 inch lift up front with a .75 spacer in the rear.

How did the 2932 work out?

Sounds like you're looking at a setup similar to mine. If it'll help at any point, you're also welcome to swing by and take a look. I'm just up Cooper from the Chandler airport.

I am really to figure out how much the 2933 spring is going to lift my jeep.

The issue I see is that everyone says a OEM front spring is 12 inches compressed.

Well, mine are 11 inches, and they were replaced in the last 2 years so they are not worn out.

If people are getting 2 inch lifts I wonder if it will be 3 inches for me, hence why I'm asking for compressed lengths to figure the actual spring lift measurement.

Well, mine are 11 inches, and they were replaced in the last 2 years

Your jeep also has a winch, bumper and some stuff that would sag them.i wouldn't jump to the conclusion your jeep is special and will net a 3" lift from 2933's

I get around 2" lift from my 2933's with a winch,steel fenders etc.but also have winch rope and aluminum head to offset some of that weight on the front

How much spacer and what is the compressed height of the spring?

1st pic passenger side, 2nd driver. Tough angle, but just a smidge under 2.5" (call it 2 3/8) including OEM isolator + 1 additional isolator. ~14.375" between the top/bottom spring perch surfaces. OEM front bumper w/o milk jugs + tow ponts (2lbs) + light mounting bar (1.75 lb) and lights (2 lb), so OEM bumper + ~6 lbs on the front).

20231218_143410.jpg

20231218_143510.jpg

I went ahead and installed the springs and got right around 14 inches, so a 3 inch lift for my jeep, or two inches for a “normal” jeep

🤷

I went ahead and installed the springs and got right around 14 inches, so a 3 inch lift for my jeep, or two inches for a “normal” jeep

🤷

There is no normal short of a stock Jeep. At this point in time, the are too many added bumpers, winches and people who can't measure for these threads to offer anything better than an approximation of what someone else might get from a lift spring.