Anyone install a skid plate on their rear Dana 44 differential?

Stock as far as I know
BTW - the one bolt that seems 'missing' is actually a black bolt I had to pull out of my pile-o-bolts. Either Rough Country sent me only 4 or I lost the 5th somewhere.

The original Nth degree (then AEV) was the best. You can take off the diff cover without having to remove the skid. I would like to see if anyone has tried the AEV one for JKs and modified it.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
I've got this universal diff guard. If anyone is interested. I'll post it in the for sale section if I have the ability to.

Screenshot_20230923_073007_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_073038_OfferUp.jpg

Reactions: RINC and PNW_LJ
I like skids on my diffs front and rear. I have fabricated the skid on my rear and will be fabricating another for the front. My skids are shaped to enhance the "slide over" vs hang up on the casting webs etc. They heavily protect the U joint and lower part of the D shaft, I don't like what my D shaft looks like after it has a discussion with a rock. As far as reduction of clearance, OK yeah, mine are 1/4 -1/8 loss, IMO the gains are greater, smoother bottom, diff cover edges don't get hamburgered, if you want to run the stock cover you can, it protects the air lines going to your lockers (OX especially), they are not difficult to remove but you could pull the cover without removing if you wanted that oily dripping mess to clean up. Just my opinion and everybody has their own.

Reactions: RINC and Tob
I like skids on my diffs front and rear. I have fabricated the skid on my rear and will be fabricating another for the front. My skids are shaped to enhance the "slide over" vs hang up on the casting webs etc. They heavily protect the U joint and lower part of the D shaft, I don't like what my D shaft looks like after it has a discussion with a rock. As far as reduction of clearance, OK yeah, mine are 1/4 -1/8 loss, IMO the gains are greater, smoother bottom, diff cover edges don't get hamburgered, if you want to run the stock cover you can, it protects the air lines going to your lockers (OX especially), they are not difficult to remove but you could pull the cover without removing if you wanted that oily dripping mess to clean up. Just my opinion and everybody has their own.

Pics?

Hell yeah. I would love to see them in person. @TH99TJ come out wheeling with us when the weather cools off.

Hell yeah. I would love to see them in person. @TH99TJ come out wheeling with us when the weather cools off.

100% I would love to get some trail time in. I have to do an input seeal on the T case, run all the locker air lines and switches, then break in the gears. I am going nuts wanting to get that thing out! It is finally cooling off so I can spend more time in the shop!