Anyone Know This Logo?

cpwolf

Texan
Supporting Member
Does anyone recognize this logo? I’m looking for an apparently tough to find part, and this logo is stamped on 2 that I’ve seen. Lot of general experts here, thought someone might recognize it.

F74B8A6D-C299-4E34-8B4A-AA0E22B2E831.jpeg

What fuel pump are you trying to find?

Might be the only thing different is that hose...and that can be brazed on to anything.

You might also be able to get a rebuild kit and replace the diaphragm.

My 1988 Economy Lift has a Briggs and Stratton 18 hp IC twin. The carburetor has a vacuum fuel pump off the side. The PO added an electric pump.

Near as I can figure the vacuum for the pump runs through a regulator for the propane option... didn't come with a tank...my guess is the regulator died, which robbed the fuel pump of vaccum and instead of replacing a simple part they modified the entire fuel system.

Go find the guys and gals with a little gray in their hair at Napa and they'll probably figure it out.

-Mac

Thanks y'all for the information. So not a logo, argh.

It's not for my TJ, it's for my AMC304 in my CJ5. It's Frankenstein, so CJ year isn't helpful, ha.

When you put a Power Steering on, this is the only dang one that's short enough to fit, and all the replacements are taller. And this one has no brand, and I've been to all of the parts stores except Napa, and will head there.

Thanks, just taking a shot, and learned something on what marking is now. Thanks for the help...TJ is running (jinxed it) so doing some things on the CJ, ha.

Did you try a google image search? In my browser (Chrome) you right-click the image you posted and select "Search image with Google"

Check out the pumps for the 360 and 401 I bet they all interchange. May be one of them runs a short pump.

Does anyone recognize this logo? I’m looking for an apparently tough to find part, and this logo is stamped on 2 that I’ve seen. Lot of general experts here, thought someone might recognize it.

View attachment 478072

What engine is that off of? It's just a mechanical fuel pump, likely a Carter.

What engine is that off of? It's just a mechanical fuel pump, likely a Carte
Pretty sure I found it. Carter M6736 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-m6736
View attachment 478144

2 minute search, did I win?

That is the upside down facing one. Was the 304 in the cars that had it I believe.

Appreciate it, crazy how many different versions there are for the 304, 360 and 401, really appreciate you looking. I may have to try the upside down if I can’t find the shorter

Reactions: BlueC
Appreciate it, crazy how many different versions there are for the 304, 360 and 401, really appreciate you looking. I may have to try the upside down if I can’t find the shorter

Let us know if you can't locate it and I'll help you do some more digging. If it's for an AMC and we can't find it we'll call squatch into help.

And the part number on those is usually an ink/paint stamp, so it might not be there, especially if you have cleaned it with acetone.

Let us know if you can't locate it and I'll help you do some more digging. If it's for an AMC and we can't find it we'll call squatch into help.

And the part number on those is usually an ink/paint stamp, so it might not be there, especially if you have cleaned it with acetone.

Okay, travelling and time on plane to think.

As a test, I put on the upside down, and it should work on the 304, but it didn’t flow.

So, I took off the inbound feed, and put a 3 foot hose on and fed it into a full gas can. Turned it over a bunch, and no fuel.

Now….I’m sitting here thinking. I don’t believe I put a worm clamp on the tube to tighten on the inlet. (I’ve ordered constant pressure and will be changing, I hate worm hose clamps)

I then deducted that the upside down wasn’t workign, removed it, but I can see a slight mark on the lever in the correct spot, so I it should have been mounted correctly on the eccentric, thus work.

With no clamp, is it probable that it was sucking air, wouldn’t pull fuel? If that is the case, I need to rerun the test when I get home, with a clamp.

I’d then need to clean the tank to pump line, but that would give move the ball forward, because the upside down pump solves my issue…if it works.

Long write up for “if I had no clamp on fuel line, would it let in air and not pull fuel to the pump?”

if I had no clamp on fuel line, would it let in air and not pull fuel to the pump?

So that answer is maybe. These mechanical pumps are more or less gravity fed, and can't do much "sucking". With the line unhooked at the pump and a 1/2 tank or so of fuel, the line should be free flowing, and you should be able to easily get a siphon started. (Be aware, I had one I couldn't get stopped :LOL: ) Start there, make sure the tank-to-pump line is clear, or whatever your supply line is, and all rubber in the line is in good condition.

After that, we're at the pump. You can test the pump to see if it's in good condition. If it is, mount the pump and hook up the supply side to see if you can get fuel through it.

If you can't, then I’d start looking at the cam/pushrod. I'm not familiar with these engines, I don't know if the pump runs on the cam directly or uses a pushrod like a SBC/BBC or MoPar B/RB (those are what I'm most familiar with). If it can push fuel through, then you're down to pump-to-carb.

What problem(s) were you originally having?