Anyone know where to get CNC rock rings?

dylansalrin

Orthopedic Circulator
Supporting Member
Looking for a shop or person to make some custom rock rings for 16” Steelies. Anyone have any advice or suggestions. Attached is a pic of what I’m trying to replicate. I know below shows a beadlock but I’m just interested in the rock ring itself.
9eac37fbd81d06dac3742361540a0c28.jpg

So are these just decorative pieces that go on the lip of a wheel then I take it? Never heard of them.

So are these just decorative pieces that go on the lip of a wheel then I take it? Never heard of them.

No they are welded into the lip of a steel wheel to strengthen it. So when you air down and the weight is on the lip of wheel, it won’t warp or bend. While an extreme case, I attached what they prevent below:
0aecf5f7431551865ef1cfdf5c595551.jpg

I'm no machinist or program writer, but if you cant find the original maker you would have to get someone to do it from scratch I am assuming. They are very cool though and I could see there value on saving a wheel.

Looking for a shop or person to make some custom rock rings for 16” Steelies. Anyone have any advice or suggestions. Attached is a pic of what I’m trying to replicate. I know below shows a beadlock but I’m just interested in the rock ring itself. View attachment 51199
Ballistic fabrication did mine. Here is CAD email I signed off on. I just dropped them off at the powder coated today or I would send picture.

D986E66A-B6F1-4120-8D14-22F1E3CC7206.png

I made these for my CJ many moons ago. Still need to make a set for the TJ

IMG_0208_zpsbztudr5l.jpg

IMG_0213_zpsqrqgj5ty.jpg

IMG_0210_zpsiempaxj6.jpg

For the TJ, I might do them like I did on my kids RZR, weld in a generic bolt patterned ring, thin, maybe 10ga (not 1/4' like the usual size) and then cut "replacable" rings with the same bolt pattern with different themes, kinda like "mood rings", get it??

DD7B2420-A0BC-4090-B8F8-DCC57956936C_zpszdpprwxx.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
No they are welded into the lip of a steel wheel to strengthen it. So when you air down and the weight is on the lip of wheel, it won’t warp or bend. While an extreme case, I attached what they prevent below: View attachment 51308
If you are running pressures low enough and doing trails rough enough to do that to a wheel, why not just do a beadlock?

• Face Palm
Reactions: WSS