Anyone make a chrome valve cover for a 98 4.0?

Oct 26, 2018
Dyer TN
Just out of curiousity, what about the valve cover was changed for the last few years of the 4.0? I've thought about a aluminum valve cover for my '05 but apparently they don't make them.

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2017
Everett, Wash, United States
The clearances on these covers are different than OEM. And the internal baffle is different.
I was wondering if the baffle might be an issue. I've run across import valve covers (different application/not Jeep) that had no baffle system at all. Are you aware of anyone encountering a problem with the baffle in these?

Mar 29, 2018
Northern WI
I was wondering if the baffle might be an issue. I've run across import valve covers (different application/not Jeep) that had no baffle system at all. Are you aware of anyone encountering a problem with the baffle in these?
I am not aware of any positive or negatives to this cover. On a stock Jeep the throttle cable retainers can be swapped to this cover. I do know that it is used on some stroker builds to allow more room for the rockers. I have no more room to give above my engine so I am using the stock valve cover with clearanced rockers and the baffle left 100% intact. The stock cover just works and there's nothing wrong with it aside from cosmetics which can be painted.