Arizona Anyone near Phoenix have experience to help me install Genright corner armor?

1998WranglerTJ

Hello,

Installing genright aluminum corner gaurds and motobuilt steel rocker gaurds with tub armor.

Watched 1000 videos but nothing really preps you enough to drill into your Jeep. Wondering if anyone local has experience in this arena who would be willing to help out. Condo living so no garage makes it difficult. Can shoot you a couple bucks for helping as well.

There are threads on here about using a rotobroach to drill the initial hole then oversize to the required 17/32 for the nutserts. Find them and read them. Then go do it. Search rotobroach, I think Rasband and JJVW have info in their builds, maybe others.

Reactions: Apparition
Hello,

Installing genright aluminum corner gaurds and motobuilt steel rocker gaurds with tub armor.

Watched 1000 videos but nothing really preps you enough to drill into your Jeep. Wondering if anyone local has experience in this arena who would be willing to help out. Condo living so no garage makes it difficult. Can shoot you a couple bucks for helping as well.

I have a garage and a driveway. Come on over. Bring liquid courage. I'll cheer you on drilling the first hole.

There are threads on here about using a rotobroach to drill the initial hole then oversize to the required 17/32 for the nutserts. Find them and read them. Then go do it. Search rotobroach, I think Rasband and JJVW have info in their builds, maybe others.

It is important that you establish the slider's position before the corners. If you have both sliders and corners on hand, install both at the same time. You do this to minimize and correct any gaps between the sliders and corners. Do not install the corners first.

Clamp the armor pieces into place. Use a rotabroach the same size as the existing hole through the armor to cut into the tub. For Savvy stuff, this is a 3/8" cutter. Using a rotabroach significantly improves the accuracy of the holes you drill.

Remove the armor. Anywhere that requires a nutsert, go back and redrill those holes out to the size needed for the nutserts. Again, for Savvy stuff that uses a 5/16" bolt use a 17/32" drill bit. Install the nutserts. And install the armor.

My setup ended up being about 70 holes drilled into the tub. You get over it quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: RINC