Anyone running 32s on a 2.5 lift?

Nicholas

TJ Enthusiast
I've been running the cheap spacer 2' cups with 31 and I just bought a 2.5 Rancho lift waiting to be put on and I want to move to 32x11.5s just can't find many pictures of what it would look like, especially with flat fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been running the cheap spacer 2' cups with 31 and I just bought a 2.5 Rancho lift waiting to be put on and I want to move to 32x11.5s just can't find many pictures of what it would look like, especially with flat fenders.

Sorry I don't have flat fenders,but I have a 2.5in lift with 31's to give you some perspective. I am sure 32's would go on with no issues.

IMG-0228.JPG

I’m trying to do the same thing in the coming months. Thanks about the bumpstop extensions

I’m having the hardest time finding tires for a decent price or metric equivalents to 32x11.5x15

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Reactions: Nicholas
I’m trying to do the same thing in the coming months. Thanks about the bumpstop extensions

I’m having the hardest time finding tires for a decent price or metric equivalents to 32x11.5x15

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
Ebay actually has decent prices on 32x11.5r15 MTs. That's what I'm looking to run when I replace my tires.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

I'm having the hardest time trying to find 32x11.5 for my 17 rims

I may be pushing it myself with 32” on 2” coil spacers.

Maybe I should stick with 31”.

I mainly work out of the tj so it’s just an aggressive look for now

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Go for it. Worst case you can add a 1.25 body lift and it would be great.

I know it'l fit, just curious on how different it's gonna look than my current set up don't want it looking weird

It will look almost as good as 33's :risas3:

Have you looked at the 33x10.5? not sure if they make it for 17 inch wheels but I had them in 15 and they were a great tire with good road manners.

Can't wait to see a photo of the new tires. Red is one of my favorite colors on Jeeps.

Reactions: Nicholas
It will look almost as good as 33's :risas3:

Have you looked at the 33x10.5? not sure if they make it for 17 inch wheels but I had them in 15 and they were a great tire with good road manners.

Can't wait to see a photo of the new tires. Red is one of my favorite colors on Jeeps.

I don't know if I should go for 33s because sure I have a full exhaust set up but my rig is the 2.5L with stock 3.73s and the limit I wanted to do was 32s, idk I figure it wouldn't hurt to go the extra inch but I'd rather play it safe, unless the 10.5 width on the 33s your talking about would be the same thing. Don't plan on ever rock crawling but ofc mid level trails and with daily use 95% of the time.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I don't know if I should go for 33s because sure I have a full exhaust set up but my rig is the 2.5L with stock 3.73s and the limit I wanted to do was 32s, idk I figure it wouldn't hurt to go the extra inch but I'd rather play it safe, unless the 10.5 width on the 33s your talking about would be the same thing. Don't plan on ever rock crawling but ofc mid level trails and with daily use 95% of the time.

Some things to keep in mind as you work to figure this out...

This sounds like your daily driver. A daily driver needs to be built just as well as a trail Jeep. There is no difference. When I say built well, I mean be smart about how you put the pieces together. You are creating relationships between components. You can not care and the Jeep will behave like crap. Or you can pay attention to the details and the Jeep will treat you well and take care of you when you need it to.

A stock TJ has about 4" of suspension up travel. Up travel plays a significant role in ride quality. Do not sacrifice it. If anything, add to it. Some of the advice in this thread will result in reduced up travel and a decrease in ride quality. Why do that to yourself every day that you drive to work?

Flat fenders do not provide and more clearance than stock fenders. The factory flares are flexible for a reason.

Larger tires require more bump stop extension, particularly up front to keep the tires out of the fenders and causing damage.

A suspension lift almost always requires longer shocks. Longer shocks require more bump stop extension in order to keep the shocks from over compressing and causing damage.

Learn how to correctly measure and extend the bump stops by removing the coils and jounces, then moving the axle (tires on) through it's entire range of motion. Look for things that might interfere before the bump stops touch. Extend the bumps so that they touch before anything else. This is the only way to know how much bump stop extension is needed for your Jeep. You want just enough to stop things from crashing into other things.

Because this is your daily driver, pay attention to your suspension travel. I'll tell you right now that 33s need a minimum of 3.5" of total lift if you want to maintain the stock amounts of up travel. I would like to see about 2.5" of total lift with 32s.

Keep in mind that the total lift amount can be split between springs and body. There are many good reasons to do it that way, primary because it keeps the drive shafts happier, especially with the addition of a motor mount lift.

Shocks play a very large role in ride quality. Invest in good shocks.

Springs primarily establish the ride height. They do not have a significant influence on the ride quality.

Also, because your daily driver is the four cylinder, even with 32s you will really want to regear.

Last edited: