Anyone running Maxxis Razr MT tires?

WHBNM

TOOL Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm close to pulling trigger on these after much research and reading of reviews that I can find. I don't love the fact that they are 5lbs heavier than my other finalists but would love to here from any of you that have them? @JMT ?
I'm coming from km2s and others on other rigs so know what I'm getting into as far as an "mt" . Thanks

I don't have them but they were one of my choices when I was upgrading. The owner of the shop that I purchased from had run them and said they were a good tire but extremely loud. I ended up going with Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 from his recommendation, I've been happy with them but even they are noticeably louder than my Duratracs were.

Reactions: WHBNM
I don't have them but they were one of my choices when I was upgrading. The owner of the shop that I purchased from had run them and said they were a good tire but extremely loud. I ended up going with Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 from his recommendation, I've been happy with them but even they are noticeably louder than my Duratracs were.
They look loud!

I'm close to pulling trigger on these after much research and reading of reviews that I can find. I don't love the fact that they are 5lbs heavier than my other finalists but would love to here from any of you that have them? @JMT ?
I'm coming from km2s and others on other rigs so know what I'm getting into as far as an "mt" . Thanks
Wish I could say more, but only a few hundred miles on these. On road they are louder than my previous Cooper STT Pros. They hook up very well on loose dirt and mud. As far as rocks, I haven’t hit any yet. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again at this point. Your feedback will be interesting after having run several MT’s.

Last edited:
I run them in the fodee flavor. They ride well on the road, and are not loud at all for a pretty aggressive tread pattern. They are more quiet than my previous Krawlers, which were not too loud either when new. But, they are not an all terrain, or a more road oriented tire, so they do make some noise. They also do not flat spot like the Krawlers, which is nice. I bought these because the 40 Krawler blue label is no more. I'm quite happy with them so far, although I have not had much chance to wheel them hard yet.

But thinking about it, the last time I wheeled with the Razr's I broke a pro-rock 60 rear ring and pinion and cracked an ARB in four places - so they must get a load of traction...

Here they are on the rig:

Jeep - 14 Bolt 45 (31).JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff! Thinkin I lack the horses to do that! ;) Thanks for your info.

Last edited:
I don’t know about those specific tires but I run Maxxis tires on all 7 of my trailers. I’m sold on the brand. I went from having a tire blow every 3-4 months to zero with Maxxis. Just the occasional nail, screw or other junk I hit. Some of my trailers see 20K plus a year. My trailer tires are made in Thailand.

I ordered them up. Best price I've seen in a while on ebay. Thanks for the replies. 🍻

I don't personally have them but I wheel with a guy that has almost the same Jeep setup as mine and he runs them. I've been very impressed with them. They seem to be much more sticky than my General Grabber X3s.

Ronny's reviews are what got them on my radar. Other side of me is all Toyota and he has a great channel.

Ok have them , 5k miles on them so far. They are still for the most part quiet for a mud tire. They do well on wet roads, mud , and loose gravel. I don’t have any rocks here so I can’t say how they do there.
I have been happy with them. 33X10.5X15

Don't over think this...
There are a bunch of "mud tires" that look very similar to each other....and it's not coincidence but rather a copy cat world
They're in that second tier of MT category. (1st tier being Super Swamper and only Super Swamper) they set the bar in the MT world. Always have.

of that second grouping...
Maxxis razr
mickey MTZ
Kenda Klever
And so on and so on.

It's a "mud terrain" tire. Just like all other "mud terrains" they will be light years better than All terrain and all season tires in the mud and deep snow.

Big fan of skinnier tires.

I've run 10.5's/12.5's before, performance is better with a skinnier tire in most situations.

For southeastern trails it's a great fit.
It's 6-5 and pick em

Skinny is better on hard packed slick stuff/wet grass hard ground...more contact pressure but in the deep they will dig to China

Wider is better if things are getting deeper. Snow or mud. A floating effect is needed and less digging.

Reactions: Jacket4256
Big fan of skinnier tires.

I've run 10.5's/12.5's before, performance is better with a skinnier tire in most situations.

For southeastern trails it's a great fit.

Well that is intresting never really thought of it that way, also in Tennessee so same climateish

It's 6-5 and pick em

Skinny is better on hard packed slick stuff/wet grass hard ground...more contact pressure but in the deep they will dig to China

Wider is better if things are getting deeper. Snow or mud. A floating effect is needed and less digging.

hmmmm...well that makes it somewhat easier or harder to make the decsion. I had basically made my mind up on buying these tires heard, read and saw great reviews and was mentioned multiple times as a great tire locally. Now just have to decide if I wanna stick with the 12.50 like I thought or go down to 10.50

I have them in 33x10.5 and have liked them too. I thought they were pretty quiet compared to the 35x12.5 km2s the replaced.