Anyone Running This Genright Low Profile Rear Bumper?

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone running this? Pics would be great as I couldn’t find any. Options are more limited as I want a receiver for carrying a cargo carrier during hunting season. Also looking at the Barnes. Any other options out there?

BDDF153F-194F-4BF2-B6B3-7FCC684F366D.png

47C96A3D-BE3F-4587-89CC-42AABC92415B.png

Anyone running this? Pics would be great as I couldn’t find any. Options are more limited as I want a receiver for carrying a cargo carrier during hunting season. Also looking at the Barnes. Any other options out there?

View attachment 137039

View attachment 137040

The genright bumper does not wrap around the bottom of the cross member and is not a good design. If you like this style of a minimal bumper, look at Swag off road or Next Venture. See @jjvw's build thread for a great discussion on bumpers. He can also tell you more about this :)

Genright is not far from me. Lots of guys in one of the clubs I used to roll with were employees. Very knowledgeable and friendly guys. Take themselves way too seriously. 😁

Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of their stuff from a design perspective. As a former CAD designer I can appreciate their work. No better roll cage in my eyes but pricey, though. As stated above, the minimal bumper is very much that; minimal.

Sorry, no pics for you. I have a Garvin rear bumper/tire carrier with hitch, Nth Degree armor, and Poison Spyder rails for protection.

I know you didn't post asking for opinions on Genright bumpers.

The genright bumper does not wrap around the bottom of the cross member and is not a good design. If you like this style of a minimal bumper, look at Swag off road or Next Venture. See @jjvw's build thread for a great discussion on bumpers. He can also tell you more about this :)

I’m on page 4 of 86... working on it lol.

Genright is not far from me. Lots of guys in one of the clubs I used to roll with were employees. Very knowledgeable and friendly guys. Take themselves way too seriously. 😁

Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of their stuff from a design perspective. As a former CAD designer I can appreciate their work. No better roll cage in my eyes but pricey, though. As stated above, the minimal bumper is very much that; minimal.

Sorry, no pics for you. I have a Garvin rear bumper/tire carrier with hitch, Nth Degree armor, and Poison Spyder rails for protection.

I know you didn't post asking for opinions on Genright bumpers.

Opinions are great. It’s a small chunk of money but it’s still money so I’ll take any advice given. I’ve always thought their prices was about 25% higher than it should be but their quality is top notch from everything I’ve seen and read.

Reactions: ejay
GR's version with the hitch looks like it is fully wrapped.

Other options are Swag and Next Venture.

Mine is the regular NV with a hitch recessed into the frame crossmember. Your normal options stick out another 2".

20190824_220007.jpg

20191011_183611.jpg

That makes even less sense about the regular version given that they know and understand how a bumper like that needs to be made.

Other options are Swag and Next Venture.

Mine is the regular NV with a hitch recessed into the frame crossmember. Your normal options stick out another 2".

View attachment 137043

View attachment 137041

Thanks for the pics. I’ll check that one out for sure. Looks like that’ll suit my desires just fine.

Side note: when your slow moving vehicle decal looks full size, does that mean I’m too close? Lol

Reactions: psrivats and jjvw
That makes even less sense about the regular version given that they know and understand how a bumper like that needs to be made.

Looking more closely, I see that the outside bottom edges are still open, so they stuck to their guns a bit. :)

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats
Running something like that from Rustys (I think) without the tube and receiver. Just the plate and recovery points. I drive an LJ so wanted as little as possible hanging off the back screwing up my departure angle.

Running something like that from Rustys (I think) without the tube and receiver. Just the plate and recovery points. I drive an LJ so wanted as little as possible hanging off the back screwing up my departure angle.

It would be much simpler if I didn’t have a need for a receiver. But when it comes to hunting season, I need my cargo rack