Anyone use BedRug carpet?

Hotheads. I don't know yet since I've been working on everything else and have not driven it. All reports are that liners help with sound reduction and especially heat reduction around the trans tunnel. I can't imagine it no helping to some degree. Maybe search floor liners to see what others report.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/colle...ound-assassin-packages?variant=32440138793026
What sort of prep work did you do ahead of time to the tub before you laid that stuff down?

Started with a clean, dry, rust free tub so all I did is clean it with isopropyl alcohol (I keep a gallon around). If you use Sound Assassin be sure to get the HD roller. Did it when the temps were still warm. Might warm the bed with a heat gun if cold but it really sticks.
Bottom right corner had the only rust and it was on the surface only so I wire brushed it clean and put some Eastwood Rust Encapsolator on and rattle can some NAPA Chassis Black to protect it.

PXL_20211010_211803873.jpg

It took me much longer than I expected, pretty much a week of everyday fussing with it, not really a fuss but perfection takes time. I spent the first few days trying to figure angles, fitment but then realized 'just cut and paste it' then fill in the blanks. I had very little SA left when done. I could do it in half the time now, as with most projects.
I didn't drive the rig enough beforehand to have after analysis but I know it'll be better than factory.

Just wanted to add a little info for anyone considering Bedrug. My 97 TJ has sound deadening and carpet on the rocker panels and I tore it out not realizing that Bedrug kits do not contain rocker panel carpet. I ended up ordering replacement rocker panel carpet from ACC.

Haven't tried their TJ products but I recently installed their carpeted bedliner on a 2021 F150 8' bed. The fit is quite good and I havent had any issues with it yet. Much nicer to crawl around on than a plastic or spray-in liner.

I would totally consider their product for a TJ that saw significant top-off or dirty conditions.

Reactions: Irun
My only big issue with it is they stopped making the LJ rear section before I had a chance to order it.. :(

EDIT: Oh I stand corrected! excellent looks like they are still making it. It just doesn't show up as an option when I put in my jeep details but yeah it looks like it is there! Great!

Last edited:
I dig the product. Ive got Bedrug up front, and Bedtred at the back. Didn't use any velcro either. Maybe one day I'll go back in and add them. But I didn't need it. That also mean's I didn't install the tailgate rug. Again, one day.

Started with a clean, dry, rust free tub so all I did is clean it with isopropyl alcohol (I keep a gallon around). If you use Sound Assassin be sure to get the HD roller. Did it when the temps were still warm. Might warm the bed with a heat gun if cold but it really sticks.
Bottom right corner had the only rust and it was on the surface only so I wire brushed it clean and put some Eastwood Rust Encapsolator on and rattle can some NAPA Chassis Black to protect it.

View attachment 295535
I did similar. Took care of my rust issues and matted it. Instead of bedrug I used BedTred since I wasn’t looking for the rug look.

5B3A6765-9982-4BFF-8836-55FDBB74EFF1.jpeg

92E7B5E9-007C-4F5F-831F-5D55DD6E73AD.jpeg

Bedrug comes with adhesive Velcro strips to keep it secure — did you have any issues attaching those strips to the heat liner material? I'm considering ripping out my current bedrug and re-doing it like yours...
No, it sticks to the heat liner backing just fine.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
I did similar. Took care of my rust issues and matted it. Instead of bedrug I used BedTred since I wasn’t looking for the rug look.

View attachment 303450

View attachment 303452
At last! Somebody with the sense to use BedTred. Carpet has no place in trucks and Jeeps - I've been planning on BedTred, but haven't seen anybody's installation of same. Thanx!

Reactions: txbemis69
At last! Somebody with the sense to use BedTred. Carpet has no place in trucks and Jeeps - I've been planning on BedTred, but haven't seen anybody's installation of same. Thanx!
Previously had bedrug. I have bedtred in the current truck. I’ll go back to bedrug on the next one. The bedrug is much nicer IMO.

Previously had bedrug. I have bedtred in the current truck. I’ll go back to bedrug on the next one. The bedrug is much nicer IMO.
YMMV and all that. I'd Rhinoline the darn thing in a heartbeat EXCEPT for the heat transfer issue. BedTred is the next best thing. Carpet is fine in my Mercedes, in a Jeep/truck, I want a thick rubber mat. I'm "old skool" that way... ;)

Reactions: txbemis69
I don’t have a comparison experience like you but I was looking for a something that didn’t hide dirt( it was my concern with bedrug) and allowed for easy cleanup of beach sand and other misc crap. I actually like it a lot and don’t regret it, it met my expectations.

Reactions: Apparition
Agreed! I tried BedTred a few years ago and it just didn't look as nice as the BedRug. I've had no issues with BedRug holding up to use. It was in my previous Ram truck for almost 10 years, which hauled a lot of home and Jeep related stuff. I liked it so much that it's now in the bed of my new truck.

YMMV and all that. I'd Rhinoline the darn thing in a heartbeat EXCEPT for the heat transfer issue. BedTred is the next best thing. Carpet is fine in my Mercedes, in a Jeep/truck, I want a thick rubber mat. I'm "old skool" that way... ;)
Easy to clean, pressure washer is all that’s needed for a bedrug

I stubbornly stayed with the stock carpet for 5 years. When I gave in I almost installed BedRug in front and BedTred in the rear, but with the option of WeatherTech Floor Liners throughout, and the ease of cleaning the BedRug, I went with BedRug throughout and am very pleased so far, which is all of 3 days. I’m sure the BedTred is fine too, but I would limit it to the rear.

232B8766-9272-41F8-B40A-95B064EA5338.jpeg

375C30E8-C6F2-4A6A-9910-B62817374E7F.jpeg

AB151599-6C77-45B6-841C-943FF5C8C159.jpeg