Anyone use these on your TJ?

TLT1964

TJ Enthusiast
https://www.harborfreight.com/led-universal-rectangular-6-function-tail-signal-light-58213.html

1717556970420.png

No. Those will be dead before you can get down the road. Don't waste your money.

Buy these quality lights from @mrblaine instead. Expensive, yes, but he knows his stuff and doesn't sell crap.

You can read the discussion thread HERE where Blaine discusses the process of making them and people that have installed them.

Last edited:
No. Those will be dead before you can get down the road. Don't waste your money.

Buy these quality lights from @mrblaine instead. Expensive, yes, but he knows his stuff and doesn't sell crap.

You can read the discussion thread HERE where Blaine discusses the process of making them and people that have installed them.

Been through a few cheap replacement seats as well a set of Trail Tails and finally bought the set from Blaine.. very happy!

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Go with Black Magic if you can...but let's be realistic here...not everyone can drop a couple hundred bucks on tail lights

The Harbor Freight ones will work just fine. I bought an Amazon set. You'll probably have to hack up your wiring and mess with grounds.

And they don't take hits well...even though this set is broken the lights keep working...

IMG20240513142849.jpg

-Mac

Go with Black Magic if you can...but let's be realistic here...not everyone can drop a couple hundred bucks on tail lights

The Harbor Freight ones will work just fine. I bought an Amazon set. You'll probably have to hack up your wiring and mess with grounds.

And they don't take hits well...even though this set is broken the lights keep working...

View attachment 532346

-Mac

I was surprised to see Menards also offers a very similar light. But many box trucks and such run these types of lights. You get what you pay for.

1717595493555.png

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...p-1444447122447-c-1527167451363.htm?exp=false

+1

View attachment 532346

-Mac
Trail Patina!

I was surprised to see Menards also offers a very similar light. But many box trucks and such run these types of lights. You get what you pay for.

View attachment 532382

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...p-1444447122447-c-1527167451363.htm?exp=false
Most boat trailers around my neck of the beach run the same lights as well.

View attachment 532346

-Mac

I appreciate your thoughts, including the cost factor. My current lights are Quadratec, but the back up light burnt out on the drivers side. They start at around $50 for the cheapest models.