Apparently FB is suffering some massive outage right now

freedom_in_4low

I'm a rooster illusion
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I can think of very few things in this world that would make me happier than Facebook, Instagram, and others disappearing entirely. The world would be a much better place.
And there would be a cry of CELEBRATION across the land!

I wonder if its some kind of cyber attack?

I can't check it from here, as I have all of them blocked at my firewall.

I was having issues with my Instagram earlier today, don't have FB though. Interesting that its happening less than 24 hours after 60 Minutes aired a story on a whistle blower coming forward about them.

I hadn't heard about that, I'll have to look it up.

I really liked this one. Never would have imagined I'd find myself agreeing this often with a British comedian/actor, but he's on point with a lot. His videos have made it into my regular Youtube rotation.

And there would be a cry of CELEBRATION across the land!

I wonder if its some kind of cyber attack?

I can't check it from here, as I have all of them blocked at my firewall.
I hate modern social media so, so much. I blame it for so many of the problems we currently have in our society.

I hadn't heard about that, I'll have to look it up.

I really liked this one. Never would have imagined I'd find myself agreeing this often with a British comedian/actor, but he's on point with a lot. His videos have made it into my regular Youtube rotation.

Yeah it just last evening, a lady came forward with thousands of documents she kept.

Absolutely! I remember the world before social media and I thought it was a much better place when all people really had to connect was forums and chat rooms.
Yeah I was young but I still remember what it was like without social media. The whistle blower released internal study's done on Instagram that showed how badly it effects young girls. For the short amount of time 60 Minutes did with the whistle blower, none of it surprises me. It's all stuff that is very easy to see, but most people are straight up addicted to it like its a drug. She stated the algorithm is designed to show the negative or harmful information because that's what makes FB the most money. Doesn't mater if it's true or not.

Reactions: Ephry73
Yeah I was young but I still remember what it was like without social media. The whistle blower released internal study's done on Instagram that showed how badly it effects young girls. For the short amount of time 60 Minutes did with the whistle blower, none of it surprises me. It's all stuff that is very easy to see, but most people are straight up addicted to it like its a drug. She stated the algorithm is designed to show the negative or harmful information because that's what makes FB the most money. Doesn't mater if it's true or not.

Absolutely, it's just like the news. Bad news is what generates more clicks. Racially charged headlines, politics, etc. That generates way more clicks than a story about something good happening.

As for social media and young girls, I've seen firsthand how negatively it effects them. This is why we have said that none of our kids will be allowed to have social media until they are 18 years old and moved out of the house, and even then I hope they'll choose not to have it.

I tell them all the time how bad it is and how almost everything you see on there is photoshopped.

Imagine being a young girl, opening up your Instagram feed and then seeing nothing but "models" with perfect bodies and perfect looks. What they don't realize is all of that is fake.

This country (the world actually) is in a very sad state of affairs, and at the heart of it is social media.

Absolutely, it's just like the news. Bad news is what generates more clicks. Racially charged headlines, politics, etc. That generates way more clicks than a story about something good happening.

As for social media and young girls, I've seen firsthand how negatively it effects them. This is why we have said that none of our kids will be allowed to have social media until they are 18 years old and moved out of the house, and even then I hope they'll choose not to have it.

I tell them all the time how bad it is and how almost everything you see on there is photoshopped.

Imagine being a young girl, opening up your Instagram feed and then seeing nothing but "models" with perfect bodies and perfect looks. What they don't realize is all of that is fake.

This country (the world actually) is in a very sad state of affairs, and at the heart of it is social media.
Couldn't agree with you more! Once my wife and I have kids we are in agreement to no social media as well. We just talked about that very thing a couple weeks ago. Everything seems to be going downhill at an accelerated rate right now.

Couldn't agree with you more! Once my wife and I have kids we are in agreement to no social media as well. We just talked about that very thing a couple weeks ago. Everything seems to be going downhill at an accelerated rate right now.

Yep, it pisses me off like no other.

At least Instagram doesn't require you to have a personal account to run a business page (unlike Facebook), that really pisses me off. I have no interest in those platforms for ANYTHING outside of business.

We're currently living through the largest experiment in history and finding out what happens when you give EVERYONE a voice and a platform to be heard.

It might have sounded good on paper 20 years ago, but they're quickly finding out that maybe not everyone needs to be heard (or listened to).

Yep, it pisses me off like no other.

At least Instagram doesn't require you to have a personal account to run a business page (unlike Facebook), that really pisses me off. I have no interest in those platforms for ANYTHING outside of business.

We're currently living through the largest experiment in history and finding out what happens when you give EVERYONE a voice and a platform to be heard.

It might have sounded good on paper 20 years ago, but they're quickly finding out that maybe not everyone needs to be heard (or listened to).
Yeah I got rid of FB 8 years ago and don't miss it. I turned my Instagram into me leather work hobby / business page and that's all I use it for now. The algorithm really screws with makers in a bad way. Previously people saw what you posted in chronological order of their follows which is how it should be. Now it's a computer stuffing shit on my feed. Makes it hard to try and sell some of my leatherwork items.

• Angry
Reactions: Chris
Yeah I got rid of FB 8 years ago and don't miss it. I turned my Instagram into me leather work hobby / business page and that's all I use it for now. The algorithm really screws with makers in a bad way. Previously people saw what you posted in chronological order of their follows which is how it should be. Now it's a computer stuffing shit on my feed. Makes it hard to try and sell some of my leatherwork items.

Yep, and the fact that they are constantly changing algorithms doesn't make it easier for you either I'm sure.

All true - but I never saw the point of "social media" in the first place. I saw fad sites come and go: Geocities, Tribe, MySpace, then facebook. All of them were a flash in the pan except the latter. I see no legitimacy in any of them whatsoever, I never have. Why would I want to use a 3rd party site to "stay in touch" with friends and family? I'm not into real time digital comms - but if I were, I'd text, not use AIM, or any of its more recent replacements. I just don't see the point. All I ever saw on such sites was teenaged angst and DRAMA - facebook was originally created for teenagers, and that kind of behavior is exactly what I see (or I should say, keep hearing about from multiple sources.). Then - for reasons I don't really understand - the whole thing got far worse after the smartphone became a thing. The two are joined at the hip, which doesn't make sense to me - but I have no use for either one.

Never even mind all the other problems of which are legion and everyone knows what they are.

Reactions: Chris