Are factory OEM Moab wheels forged or cast?

Once and for all? Why, because that PRICK said so?

You didn't even bother to ask him which version(s) of the Moab wheel he actually checked.

I regret starting this thread now. There is no need for name calling.

I have both versions of the wheels. I will weigh both.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and Tob
I regret starting this thread now. There is no need for name calling.

There is also no need for the response I got on Post #9. But I noticed you did not give that post a "thumbs down" response like you did with mine.

If the Administrator can find a response like that funny, then I don't see why you would regret starting this thread because someone else used a name you don't approve of.

Last edited:
Well if it means anything, I just checked and the Moab wheels on my 2006 are indeed cast, much as I suspected.

If you can find a forged Moab wheel I’ll be shocked as hell. I’ve never heard anything about forged Moab wheels before, and if they truly were forged it would probably be in the build sheet or factory brochures.

Well if it means anything, I just checked and the Moab wheels on my 2006 are indeed cast, much as I suspected.

If you can find a forged Moab wheel I’ll be shocked as hell. I’ve never heard anything about forged Moab wheels before, and if they truly were forged it would probably be in the build sheet or factory brochures.

I suspected the 2006 versions were cast all along, so that doesn't really mean anything at all to me.

I don't know the credibility of these authors, but they seemed to think the TJ Moabs were forged:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/jeep-liberty-moab-wheels-1192796/
https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/rubicon-moab-wheels.202956/
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=77618

But hell, if Blaine says all of them are cast, then it MUST be so. Right Chris?

Last edited:
@TJRick Just because you read it doesn't mean its true. Add to the fact that you don't know the basics behind if a forged wheel of the same design will be lighter or heavier than cast (its gonna be lighter). You admitted yourself you don't know that. Is this really the hill you want to die on? Or, just take the insult, thicken up your skin and say thanks for the education...Nothing is free in this world, some lessons cost more than others.

BTW, it wasn't even an insult...it was just a sarcastic remark with an F-bomb. You resorted to insults...

@TJRick Just because you read it doesn't mean its true. Add to the fact that you don't know the basics behind if a forged wheel of the same design will be lighter or heavier than cast (its gonna be lighter). You admitted yourself you don't know that. Is this really the hill you want to die on? Or, just take the insult, thicken up your skin and say thanks for the education...Nothing is free in this world, some lessons cost more than others.

BTW, it wasn't even an insult...it was just a sarcastic remark with an F-bomb. You resorted to insults...
I know if they were forged, the aftermarket bead lock folks would be all over that and not only all over it, they would request that you stop with the cast bullshit and keep looking until you find the forged versions. Until this thread, I've never even seen anything, not even a remote suggestion that there is a forged version of a Moab. That would be a very desirable and expensive wheel if true.

And, you are also correct on the sarcasm, it wasn't meant to be insulting unless sarcasm insults you. If that is true, then I hope you were highly insulted. ;)

If you dig up the build sheet on a Rocky Mountain edition, does it call the rims forged? IIRC, they are an Alcoa rim are they not?

@TJRick Just because you read it doesn't mean its true.

I think I said that already, Chief.

And just because the mighty Blaine said something doesn't automatically make it true either.

Add to the fact that you don't know the basics behind if a forged wheel of the same design will be lighter or heavier than cast (its gonna be lighter). You admitted yourself you don't know that. Is this really the hill you want to die on? Or, just take the insult, thicken up your skin and say thanks for the education...Nothing is free in this world, some lessons cost more than others.

And Blaine was the one who resorted to a sarcastic remark...

Chris has already deleted his posts in this thread. Why are you trying to keep this nonsense going?

Do you have anything to contribute to the original question?

Last edited:
If you dig up the build sheet on a Rocky Mountain edition, does it call the rims forged? IIRC, they are an Alcoa rim are they not?

Correct. Same with the Tomb Raider edition, which also has 16" forged Alcoa wheels.

I had forgotten about those exceptions!

I think I said that already, Chief.

And just because the mighty Blaine said something doesn't automatically make it true either.

I put a lot more weight in what Blaine says about TJ's than I do in just about anything else I read on the Internet...
And Blaine was the one who resorted to a sarcastic remark...

Chris has already deleted his posts in this thread. Why are you trying to keep this nonsense going?

Do you have anything to contribute to the original question?
I can still read Blaine's posts...I don't think they're deleted. I'm just trying to help you get along. You got needlessly butthurt by a pretty innocuous sarcastic comment which was well deserved from your question that was asked twice (why are 06's lighter than the others?) If you ask a question, get an answer, then argue with the answer given...you deserve all the fuckin sarcasm dished and then some.

I don't need to contribute to the original question...Its been asked and answered.

If you TRULY want this thread to die...you wouldn't have posted a response to my post. We'll see how much you really want it to die now.

Reactions: Fixer6
The Rocky Mountain Edition had 15” wheels and TR had 16” if I recall. I can’t say all forged wheels are lighter. The ones on my ford were “Alcoa” and were way heavier than the same size cast wheel. It always baffles me when I see a Ford forged take offs on Craig’slist and were replaced with Chinese cast “bro” wheel.

Almost all the comments I've ever seen from mrblaine have a sarcastic undertone to them. Just the way it is :ROFLMAO:

I can still read Blaine's posts...I don't think they're deleted. I'm just trying to help you get along. You got needlessly butthurt by a pretty innocuous sarcastic comment which was well deserved from your question that was asked twice (why are 06's lighter than the others?) If you ask a question, get an answer, then argue with the answer given...you deserve all the fuckin sarcasm dished and then some.

I can't see any of his posts in this thread anymore. If they were not deleted, the powerful and attractive Blaine must have gotten more "butthurt" than I and put me on ignore.

I have been on a Ford truck forum for 15 years, and a Ford Mustang forum for 10, and that is the very first time I have had that happen. It looks like the local hero Blaine is the one who can dish it but can't take it.

And someone should wash your potty mouth out with a good old-fashioned bar of American soap, Mike.

Reactions: ejay
I can't see any of his posts in this thread anymore. If they were not deleted, the powerful and attractive Blaine must have gotten more "butthurt" than I and put me on ignore.

I have been on a Ford truck forum for 15 years, and a Ford Mustang forum for 10, and that is the very first time I have had that happen. It looks like the local hero Blaine is the one who didn't want it tocan dish it but can't take it.

And someone should wash your potty mouth out with a good old-fashioned bar of American soap, Mike.
I knew you really didn't want it to end