Are NAPA water pumps any good?

I tried a 2791 last year. Not because I had cooling problems, but to see if it would help cooling the A/C a little better while stopped or slow driving. It didn’t seem to make a difference there but it was a lot louder for a lot longer than the 2771. I changed it back to the 2771 after that.

Reactions: ColoJeep
Darn it, I ordered the 2791 because this thread said it was usually quieter - referencing paragraph 7 in post number 1

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/should-you-get-a-heavy-duty-fan-clutch.53938/

I tried a 2791 last year. Not because I had cooling problems, but to see if it would help cooling the A/C a little better while stopped or slow driving. It didn’t seem to make a difference there but it was a lot louder for a lot longer than the 2771. I changed it back to the 2771 after that.

I bought a Napa water pump for my Chevy Express 6.0, it lasted just under 30,000 miles. They gave me another one for free but I put it on the shelf and bought a genuine GM instead which I ran for about 60,000 miles and it was still OK when I sold the van. I gave the buyer my free Napa one for a spare since I didn't have any more Chevys.
We used to have a jobber here that had very good quality parts, lots of OEM stuff but Napa bought them out, not sure how I feel about that.

MountaineerTom​

"There was no benefit to the A/C cooling I was looking for."

Interesting that you would need to have more AC cooling.

Our LJ Rubican AC keep us nice and cool even in 120 degree summer days.

MountaineerTom​

"There was no benefit to the A/C cooling I was looking for."

Interesting that you would need to have more AC cooling.

Our LJ Rubican AC keep us nice and cool even in 120 degree summer days.

Humidity is thick in the southeast summer months.

hey, having the same issues with higher temperatures while driving on the highway, as soon as I exit or stop the temperature comes down to normal.

did the water pump solved the isse @Bowhunter ?

thanks

hey, having the same issues with higher temperatures while driving on the highway, as soon as I exit or stop the temperature comes down to normal.

did the water pump solved the isse @Bowhunter ?

thanks

In my situation (I sold the jeep back in Dec), the new mopar radiator is what ended up fixing the higher temps I was getting while on the highway

From talking with some guys in here back then, Napa should be ok. They’re likely not the best but could work out fine. I didn’t end up needing one since the new radiator fixed it for me. Turns out the old mopar rad has a bunch of leaves restricting the flow that you couldn’t see unless you removed the rad so I think this OE rad would still be good if I used it again after cleaning