Are the Currie and Savvy 3” and 4” springs the same spring rate?

Gollywomper

Professional pot stirrer
Supporting Member
Are the Currie 3” and 4” springs the same spring rate?
The 4” springs have gave me over 5” of lift due to my Jeep being so light. They have been on for several months without much settling. Thinking about swapping the 4”s for the 3”s to lower it to around 4”or preferably a bit less.

Aren't the Savvy coils intended for a lighter Jeep than Currie?

Aren't the Savvy coils intended for a lighter Jeep than Currie?
I do not know. My springs show the same part number as the Savvy 4” springs. Looking for my best option to get down to 3.5-4”. The 5.5” I have now is too tall.

I have the currie 4" springs for about a year now. I can measure some spots on my rig for you if you want.
I have them too. They are a bit tall on my rig, it is pretty light. Was thinking about using some 3” springs to get the desired lift height. Think I will run these more and see if the settle more.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Would the OME springs work for you? They often lift a bit extra in a light jeep. And a 1/2" spacer if they don't.

Would the OME springs work for you? They often lift a bit extra in a light jeep. And a 1/2" spacer if they don't.
I’m not sure. I’m not familiar with them. I will run these for a bit longer to see if they settle a bit more.

I have only have these springs on for 5 months. I didn’t notice my handling drivability issue until I removed the top and doors. I’m hoping these will settle more, but it probably unlikely they will settle more than an inch more.
The top and doors will go back on next week. So I will know for sure if that was what triggered my issues.

I'll measure mine in a bit. Measure the rear from the centers.

Currie 4" JK fronts are shorter than the TJ.

The coils Savvy sell are Currie coils. They are labeled with Currie part numbers.
Savvy sells the TJ front and LJ rears in all 4" kits unless the buyer specifies otherwise according to the representative I spoke to.

I believe the 3" coils are Currie JK coils that happened to be the right height for a 3" kit.

With the 4" TJ fronts and 4" LJ rears (same as TJ but 1/2" taller), my TJ has about 1/2" rake unloaded with the following parts:
  • Genright 24.5 gas tank with steel skid (110 lbs plus 30 lbs extra gasoline)
  • Rock Hard 4x4 tire carrier bumper (110 lbs) with 35" tire and rim (90 lbs)
  • Rock Hard front bumper with no winch (70 lbs)
  • Soft top
  • Rear seat, no cargo

Reactions: Gollywomper
What kind of bumpers, carrier, winch?
Front has stubby bumper with winch.
Rear bumper, tire carrier, gas can,storage can all mounted to swing out carrier.
Rear is much heavier than front. Sits level with the HD rear springs when top is on. Slight rake without top.

4cyl aluminum hiline fenders.