Arizona Rock Crawler

Ditched the Dirtworx bumper I got when I first bought the Jeep for Chris’s new venture bumper he had. I was never motivated to change my bumper even though I constantly drag it and hit it. Then I moved the spare to the bed and the giant dirtworx was out of place so I decided to finish cleaning up the rear end. Go big or go home.View attachment 243855
probably a dumb question but did you have to drop the fuel tank to install the bumper?

Currie mini skids today
9C9FFB50-873B-4305-88D3-D16413F11326.jpeg

The issue is splitting the travel in half and fitting the upper mount under the stock inner fender.

The only reason I got mine too work is because of the modified 12s and because I secretly added a bit of ride height when I moved the upper spring seats on the frame.

With highlines, you have much less of a problem. But you will have a good amount of tire rub on the upper spring seat.
It can be done, at least with 33's. I've had my 13" 2.0's in the front for a while now (same collapsed length as a normal 12") with 6.5" of uptravel. My tires get pretty close to the towers but it all clears and I only had to move a little bit of sheet metal on the inner fender. My lower mounts are right on the sides of my currie lower CA mounts, above the bolts

It can be done, at least with 33's. I've had my 13" 2.0's in the front for a while now (same collapsed length as a normal 12") with 6.5" of uptravel. My tires get pretty close to the towers but it all clears and I only had to move a little bit of sheet metal on the inner fender. My lower mounts are right on the sides of my currie lower CA mounts, above the bolts
Yes it can be done with a smaller tire. ;)

I will say that after having done both ends on mine built around 35s, I do have to wonder how some are managing to get 14s on stock axles and stock-ish wheelbases without ignoring some pretty severe clearance and drive line issues.

How many here have relocated the upper spring perch while retaining the track bar? I’m just worried about the TB bolt hitting the spring.

I did on mine. It was a close fit so I just ran the bolt front to back. That all was changed when I out boarded and moved the TB inside the frame.

Reactions: starkey480
Yes it can be done with a smaller tire. ;)

I will say that after having done both ends on mine built around 35s, I do have to wonder how some are managing to get 14s on stock axles and stock-ish wheelbases without ignoring some pretty severe clearance and drive line issues.
Eh what's another inch. As long as the tire isn't rubbing any sharp metal, it won't hurt it to rub the shock body on the last inch or so.

I don't even like having 13" in the front, my axle is halfway out from under the jeep at full droop. Gonna be swapping to some 10"-12" shocks in the 2.5 variety soon hopefully

Eh what's another inch. As long as the tire isn't rubbing any sharp metal, it won't hurt it to rub the shock body on the last inch or so.

I don't even like having 13" in the front, my axle is halfway out from under the jeep at full droop. Gonna be swapping to some 10"-12" shocks in the 2.5 variety soon hopefully
Rubbing isn't the meaningful problem.

Rubbing isn't the meaningful problem.
Thought you said fitting the shock and splitting the travel was the problem. I'm saying you can fit the shock in the stock fender and split travel with even more up travel than I'd get with 35's, so fitting the shock isn't the problem either

Thought you said fitting the shock and splitting the travel was the problem. I'm saying you can fit the shock in the stock fender and split travel with even more up travel than I'd get with 35's, so fitting the shock isn't the problem either
The amount of rubbing you would get with a 35 and 13s would become meaningfull. You have it easy with 33s and your lift height just like I did.

Blaine moved mine inside the frame. A midarm is in my future, but this is how it is now with the short arm.View attachment 244577View attachment 244578
Had I known pics of my out of position-hood shoved up against the bottom of the tub- I can't fucking see- this is fully fucked and I hate myself right now-welds were going to be shown with such detail, I would have practiced up a bit more, those look like shit.