Assistance needed for brake parts

deltasigcj5

Hello,

Just picked up a 97 TJ with a 5.9 swap. I have attached a couple of pictures of the axles. It's disc brakes all around. Problem is i need pads and rotors but I'm worried about selecting the right items. I was thinking I can't just go into autozone and say 97 TJ with a dana 44! Any help is appreciated.

Bonus points for identifying the connecting hanging down by my rear axle.

IMG_1611.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg

Thanks and will do. Can't figure out how to message someone, but maybe he'll see this in the next couple days!
The connector hanging down is for the locker sensor.

Going to need pictures of the brake bits with a tire off to see if we can figure out what they are. Based on the sensor connector, I'd expect to see 03-06 rear discs.

Reactions: pc1p
The new guy isn't going to know you don't have a sales pitch so this is where you tell him "we have the parts in stock here at Blackmagic brakes and would be glad to help you out...please check out our website and enjoy the lip stick we send with every order"

Or something like that
I don't do that. If I am to have any value commenting on a post, it has to be inherently understood that I would make the same effort and commentary regardless of whether or not I have brake bits for sale.

Rear is 03-06 TJ with disc option, front is early TJ 97-mid 99.
What is the difference in front brakes between a 98 and a rubicon axle?
I ask because I have always bought brake parts for a rubicon front never guessed I could still have the 98 outers on the front 44 that is under my front end.

What is the difference in front brakes between a 98 and a rubicon axle?
I ask because I have always bought brake parts for a rubicon front never guessed I could still have the 98 outers on the front 44 that is under my front end.
There are only two front brake versions on the TJ. They are only split by year, 97-mid 99 and mid 99 to 06. The difference is due to correcting the pilot for the rotor center bore and moving it out to accommodate the thicker rotor hat of the full cast rotor instead of the thinner stamped steel hat of the composite rotor. They also increased the wheel hub centric pilot to engage the rim further. That necessitated a narrower depth on the unit bearing to knuckle face to maintain the same track width.

Unfortunately, mid year split is merely a suggestion. My 99 is early and came with full cast rotors and the early unit bearings. It should have had composite rotors.

Mrblaine, Thanks! I was already checking out the website, just needed to figure out what i needed!

Does the locker sensor mean that I am likely to have a locker in the rear? Or is that just a sensor that is in the stock harness?

For the original poster, I ordered Black Magic brakes Monday night. They shipped Tuesday morning and arrived today (Thursday). Installing them now I know that if I have a problem, I can e-mail Blaine and get a timely response to solve any issue. (like if I cannot remember if I am supposed to use red Loctite on the caliper mounting bracket bolts :) ). This is my third set of Black Magic brakes on my LJ. Brakes and service have been great.

Mrblaine, Thanks! I was already checking out the website, just needed to figure out what i needed!

Does the locker sensor mean that I am likely to have a locker in the rear? Or is that just a sensor that is in the stock harness?
All I can tell from that connector is that you have a connector that looks like the one for the sensor. It would plug into the frame side harness if you had a Rubicon.

The only easy way I can think of is to pull the cover and peek inside.

For the original poster, I ordered Black Magic brakes Monday night. They shipped Tuesday morning and arrived today (Thursday). Installing them now I know that if I have a problem, I can e-mail Blaine and get a timely response to solve any issue. (like if I cannot remember if I am supposed to use red Loctite on the caliper mounting bracket bolts :) ). This is my third set of Black Magic brakes on my LJ. Brakes and service have been great.
Only took us 3 times to get it right.