ATOTO A6 Pro double DIN install

Nice! I also installed this radio and it's been good so far.

There's also a pretty cool app if you use an Android phone that allows you to use Android Auto on top of the native Atoto GUI. It also passes through your 4g connection so no need to wifi tether your phone or whatever. There's a minor amount of messing with it to get it dialed in the way you want but once you do it's pretty noce.

I could make a video if anybody is interested.

Here's the link for the (Paid) app. He also has a free app on the market to make sure your phone is compatible.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ge...ndroid-4-1-headunit-reloaded-android-t3432348

Reactions: texvet
The atoto is a little goofy with the Tethered air play for my iPhone, does not always work and sometimes I have to restart the app on the head unit. The Android interface looks much slicker, but not slick enough to change my phone. The cost of a new phone is almost 4 times the cost of the head unit...

The atoto is a little goofy with the Tethered air play for my iPhone, does not always work and sometimes I have to restart the app on the head unit. The Android interface looks much slicker, but not slick enough to change my phone. The cost of a new phone is almost 4 times the cost of the head unit...

Yeah but it's the FAR superior Android! 😁😁

Just kidding...

The android is indeed. Apple sucks you in and get's all your devices working together and tied to your family. Fantastic strategy that pisses me off on multiple levels especailly for letting myself fall prey to them...

The android is indeed. Apple sucks you in and get's all your devices working together and tied to your family. Fantastic strategy that pisses me off on multiple levels especailly for letting myself fall prey to them...

100% I'm in the same boat with my family but I've always used Android except for work.

iOS is good for what it is but I've always been a tinkerer so Android had been my go to. Rooting was my main reason over the years.

Reactions: texvet
I finally installed the same radio in my 05 Jeep and followed ur same steps using hacksaw was clean approach. The wiring map also was handy.
One note is my radio was bolted to a metal rod that was bolted to the frame. Reaching from glovebox with a 10m u can feel it and free up the nut enought to remove with finger.
Rest on install went well and really like the media and use my cell as hot spot but download maps to Gaia before leaving and it is nice for off roading without cell service.

Think radio was 230 and took maybe 2 hours once dash cover was off.
Thanks again for write up.

I finally installed the same radio in my 05 Jeep and followed ur same steps using hacksaw was clean approach. The wiring map also was handy.
One note is my radio was bolted to a metal rod that was bolted to the frame. Reaching from glovebox with a 10m u can feel it and free up the nut enought to remove with finger.
Rest on install went well and really like the media and use my cell as hot spot but download maps to Gaia before leaving and it is nice for off roading without cell service.

Think radio was 230 and took maybe 2 hours once dash cover was off.
Thanks again for write up.
Glad the write up helped you out. After reading your post, I realized I should have mentioned the radio I replaced in my LJ was already an aftermarket radio so I didn't have to remove the rear support that was on the factory installed unit.

Over the last 8ish months, the only issue I have had with mine is some syncing issues with the apple car play. I thought it was radio issue, but I just got a new iPhone 11 and my connectivity are no longer so I'll chalk it up to my 5 year old iPhone vs the ATOTO.

Glad the write up helped you out. After reading your post, I realized I should have mentioned the radio I replaced in my LJ was already an aftermarket radio so I didn't have to remove the rear support that was on the factory installed unit.

Over the last 8ish months, the only issue I have had with mine is some syncing issues with the apple car play. I thought it was radio issue, but I just got a new iPhone 11 and my connectivity are no longer so I'll chalk it up to my 5 year old iPhone vs the ATOTO.

Hello. I live in pflugerville. I purchased an ATOTO A6 Pro in November. I have poor AM/FM tuner reception. For AM it finds about 14 stations when I do a search, but only 1 to none of them can be listened to, too much static. The FM is much better but still a significant amount of the stations are not noise free. I would like to compare notes. I saw texvet, you have one. Can we compare notes?

Happy too. I don't really have any problems with any of the channels. shoot me a PM and I'll send you my phone number. If you want we can meet half way between north and south Austin and do a direct comparison.

Mine using stock jeep antenna picks up lots of stations in LA/OC area for both am/fm. Possibly the antenna adapter cable not fully seated or jeep antenna issue but assume old radio worked well.
Could try a booster ( I don't seem to need one even when out on the trails) and stick behind glove box — pretty cheap and power it right there.

My ATOTO A6 Pro got delivered today. Will have to wait for the dash kit and cameras until Tuesday. Question for previous installers:

On the TJ adapter harness, there are 2 yellow (constant 12V) and 2 black (ground) wires. Should both of the wires be connected to the respective ATOTO harness wire, or leave one of each from the TJ harness taped off?

My ATOTO A6 Pro got delivered today. Will have to wait for the dash kit and cameras until Tuesday. Question for previous installers:

On the TJ adapter harness, there are 2 yellow (constant 12V) and 2 black (ground) wires. Should both of the wires be connected to the respective ATOTO harness wire, or leave one of each from the TJ harness taped off?
photo might help, it's been 16 months since I installed mine. Without the wiring harness in front of me my notes are not jogging my memory enough to answer your question.

Here's a pic of the TJ adapter harness.

TJ Harness.jpg

The ATOTO harness has a single battery lead and a single chassis ground lead.

Last edited:
I have read several threads on the radio wiring diagrams and finally decided to go pin to pin and write down what the schematic said based on wire color. If it will help anyone in the future here it is (for the record purple is violet)

View attachment 120890
texvet: Note the harness wire color on the right for pins 1 and 11 of both rows. Shows that both the adapter harness and OEM dash connector has 2 of each for constant power and ground. I guess I'll try connecting just one of each and taping the other off and see if that works. Thanks for your help!

texvet: Note the harness wire color on the right for pins 1 and 11 of both rows. Shows that both the adapter harness and OEM dash connector has 2 of each for constant power and ground. I guess I'll try connecting just one of each and taping the other off and see if that works. Thanks for your help!
Saw on my old harness adapter that the yellow wires and black wires were connected with jumpers, so that clears it up for me.