Auto Transporters

I did. You have a good memory. I went with Sherpa Auto Transporters. They had excellent customer support and communicated with me throughout the process. They did not offer me a bait and switch price, but rather honored the original quoted amount to ship the Jeep. They have a tracking tool that I utilized, which was nice to be able to see exactly where my Jeep was at all times. The carrier showed up at the agreed upon time to deliver the Jeep and it was unharmed.

You left out the smarmy bunch of lying assholes part that I dealt with.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
You left out the smarmy bunch of lying assholes part that I dealt with.

I did, for sure. I figured I would limit my response to just my experience with Sherpa as opposed to commenting on the carrier who accepted the shipping quote, which is a bit random in terms of the process.

But, the pick up of the Jeep when it was with you certainly sounded eventful. Feel free to share the details if so moved :)

I did, for sure. I figured I would limit my response to just my experience with Sherpa as opposed to commenting on the carrier who accepted the shipping quote, which is a bit random in terms of the process.

But, the pick up of the Jeep when it was with you certainly sounded eventful. Feel free to share the details if so moved :)

Mostly what matters is they did pick it up and deliver it. The fact that the pair of drivers would be right at home as the top salesman working at a pay as you go used car dealer with 40% interest on the 100 down and 100 per week payment plans for rusted out pieces of shit was of little consequence.

You're late, you lied about when you would show up.
We lie to everyone. It is a window.
No, a window has a start and an end time. You are an hour past the end time.
We are 15 miles away.
Great, depending on which 15 miles that is, it could be at least another hour and I know your GPS is telling you that.
We are 15 miles away.
Ok, where are you then?
On the 15 heading north.
That is at least an hour and a half.
We are 15 miles away.
Fine, see you when you get here.

As much as I wanted to give them more than a bit of grief, I didn't want to delay the delivery or risk them taking it out on the rig.

Had it been my rig and me paying, I would have explained that we have a mutual level of trust under which we are both obligated to live up to our ends of the agreement. You don't lie to me and I won't lie to you.

Mostly what matters is they did pick it up and deliver it. The fact that the pair of drivers would be right at home as the top salesman working at a pay as you go used car dealer with 40% interest on the 100 down and 100 per week payment plans for rusted out pieces of shit was of little consequence.

We are 15 miles away.
Great, depending on which 15 miles that is, it could be at least another hour and I know your GPS is telling you that.
We are 15 miles away.
Ok, where are you then?
On the 15 heading north.
We are 15 miles away.

As much as I wanted to give them more than a bit of grief, I didn't want to delay the delivery or risk them taking it out on the rig.

Had it been my rig and me paying, I would have explained that we have a mutual level of trust under which we are both obligated to live up to our ends of the agreement. You don't lie to me and I won't lie to you.

I am certain, based on the conversations you and I have had that you're portrayal of the pick up events is entirely accurate. You and I know that there is even more that you could comment on.

We are 15 miles away.
We are 15 miles away.
Ok, where are you then?
On the 15 heading north.
We are 15 miles away.

I have had this exact scenario play out both pick up and delivery with my brother's car. Hence my search for better and the happiness with Reliable.

But I'm glad to hear @Mike Z got his Jeep delivered without issues.

Reactions: John Cooper
I have had this exact scenario play out both pick up and delivery with my brother's car. Hence my search for better and the happiness with Reliable.

I'm glad too :)

Reactions: psrivats

I wish I had gotten over my disgust a bit faster and taken pictures of them fully high centered in the middle of the trailer on the road out. The very same road they came in on. Neighbor told me, I went and looked, they blocked the main road and the road going out. I can only assume the reflection off his Mr. T gold chain blinded him for a second and that caused him to fully forget how to drive a semi. They had cops and a couple of firetrucks trying to fix their screw-up. I saw the Jeep was okay, that was the end of my interest in their dumbassery.

We used Transamerican Auto Transport for moving our 2 cars and my TJ from California to Florida and they were absolutely great. (561)756-1515 [email protected]. They were on time for both the pickup and delivery, we really liked their service.

We did a whole lot of research on various car transport services and most had too many bad reviews to even consider, we gave Transamerican five stars in our post-delivery review.

Thank you for your post Jerry! It is helpful to have had someone do the research & post an experience... don't think i want to have the 2am pickup/dropoff scenario happen!