Auxiliary spotlights

Tj4me123

Hi, I would like to replace the stock spotlights with something brighter Can I just remove these and can I use the same wiring thanks? Also any suggestions on brighter lights thanks.
376969D7-5104-4E90-BB6F-9A39605BC12C.jpeg

I love my KC flex era 4s. I am not sure about wiring though. I am not sure what amperage your wiring is rated for.

For starters, the stock lights are fog lights. They give off a wide, flat pattern. That being said, ANY lights you put on that have 55 watt bulbs will work with the factory wiring. However, they won't be any brighter. If you want a driving light, they will give a more centered pattern that will reach further down the road. That might help you see what you want, BUT, if you want to use them with the high beams, you will have to modify the relay, because the factory wiring turns off the fog lights when you turn on the high beams.

Reactions: LONGJP2
I suggest looking into a quality LED headlight first and aiming them properly. I think you'll be much happier with the result.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Baja Designs makes great led lights that you could put in place of those stock fog lights. It was a simple swap for me. Super bright too

EFC916A1-10F7-42EC-BDE9-DC10E3BB6A50.jpeg

Factory "fog lights" don't do a bit of good in actual fog. 🤫 I swapped in some $40 LED driving lights with great results. You'll have to splice the wires.
Rubi lights 3.png

Vision x light cannon 4.5” if want range and a more classic look.

Also the stock wiring runs through the steering column so I recommend a relay integrated to the stock wiring or make sure whatever you get draws less amps.

I’ve seen a few melted 40pin connectors.