Axle Questions

what size tires are you running @pagrey ? Read through that thread and it sounded like you would've recommended the automatic at the time (blaming the install not the locker). Did something happen since then or did you eat through UJoints back then too?
I've had it over 40K miles now. The stock joints were done in one season after the locker. I put in Moog and they lasted about 10K from what I remember. I've had Spicer joints and they have play after about 29K. My tires are small 32" tires, as in really close to what my 31" tires were. Enjoy the locker if you have it, just keep an eye on things.

In that thread I think I came to the wrong conclusion and post #48 and on tell the story pretty well. I still think they are a good option if you don't have any other locker, have I said that before? Funny I linked to a thread that I missed the point and generally made an ass of myself. Oh well, I guess now you know what to make of all my posts.

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket
As for those that "didn't have problems" fine. You aren't paying for my u-joints, you didn't pay for my power steering cooler but I sure pay for listening to your advice.
No need to get defensive or go full-Boomer (if I'm reading the undertones correctly here - wouldn't be the first time that I didn't)...

I simply am sharing what my experience has been and we all know 100 people saying they didn't snap their steel winch cable doesn't make it safe. It is wise to listen to those that have experience with failure.
This is - literally - exactly what I was doing. Asking a follow-up question is certainly not discounting your (or anyones) experience or issues - it is an attempt to seek additional understanding from someone whose experience greatly differs from my own.

If you do go that route consider a power steering cooler, it's worth it. Get the good spicer u-joints up front, that's one thing @Jerry Bransford and I agree on.
You can put me in that category as well - I only run Spicers...

Reactions: pagrey