Baby Jeep?

Willys LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Apparently FCA is planning on a small SUV to be released in 2022 and compete with the Suzuki worldwide. No word if it'll be released here.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/bad-ass-baby-jeep-2022

Supposed to be shorter than a Wrangler but longer than a MB.

jshort.jpg

Have you guys heard about this. Slated for a 2022 release. About a foot shorter than a 2 door jl. I couldn't find info on where it will be available, Europe only or us as well

I don't think it will be released in the states. They already have the JL and the Gladiator. I don't see there being a huge market of people who would get a wrangler only if it were a little smaller.

Why would they release something that would take sales away from the JL?

I don't think it will be released in the states. They already have the JL and the Gladiator. I don't see there being a huge market of people who would get a wrangler only if it were a little smaller.

Why would they release something that would take sales away from the JL?

I suspect that people who'd be interested in a smaller more basic Jeep wouldn't buy a new JL anyway. They'd be more likely to buy an older CJ or Wrangler YJ or TJ instead.

I hope that it is billy basic....it would be a shame if they make it look the part and then weigh it down with electronic junkery

Last edited:
I'd love to see a smaller Wrangler released by Jeep. I think the only way I'd ever seriously consider replacing my TJ would be if they came out with a smaller electric/hybrid 2-door Jeep (assuming it was still just as capable or more so off road).

I've never understood the American obsession with bigger cars. I like being able to drive something nimble and capable of fitting anywhere I want to go. I also don't have kids, so the extra cargo area is wasted on me.

I've never understood the American obsession with bigger cars. I like being able to drive something nimble and capable of fitting anywhere I want to go. I also don't have kids, so the extra cargo area is wasted on me.

I've always been puzzled by the same thing, but different strokes... I've also always believed the 'kids excuse' was just that, unless you're the Duggars or some similar thing. Most people have a couple kids, as did I, & I found it absolutely simple to raise mine from the day I took them home from the hospital until the day I dropped them off at college in a small car. During those years I had a 2 door Golf Sport, a small 4 door Benz 240, a Honda Accord & a Subaru. The wife had similarly sized vehicles as well with the exception of a very brief dalliance with a Durango that was a lemon thus short lived. It's just like driving a TJ rather than a JKU, smaller vehicles require a bit of paring down to what you actually need rather than carting around everything you own.